GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My return of the king review (may contain spoliers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 14:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well, i have to say that this was a marvellously entertaining film, i held off going for a pee until my hands went numb, but i still felt a little let down.

This film is by far the most removed from the book, and i think the spirit of the film suffers for it. Having Sam leave Frodo seemed to add an unneccesary complexity to the tale, and as for Gollum trying to poison Frodo against Sam i thought it a bit pointless.

But still, the battles are incredible, almost rousing me out of my seat to shout a battle cry. But then they made it look like minas tirith was made out of Lego, and if the first 5 minutes of the siege of Minas Tirith were anything to go by, the city should have been levelled in half an hour at most.

I could rant on about the various bits of the book that were left out, but it would take some space, and if the film is still good anyway, then whats the point?

Oh, and take some tissues, there were quite a few people who were left blubbing.
Wed 17/12/03 at 14:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well, i have to say that this was a marvellously entertaining film, i held off going for a pee until my hands went numb, but i still felt a little let down.

This film is by far the most removed from the book, and i think the spirit of the film suffers for it. Having Sam leave Frodo seemed to add an unneccesary complexity to the tale, and as for Gollum trying to poison Frodo against Sam i thought it a bit pointless.

But still, the battles are incredible, almost rousing me out of my seat to shout a battle cry. But then they made it look like minas tirith was made out of Lego, and if the first 5 minutes of the siege of Minas Tirith were anything to go by, the city should have been levelled in half an hour at most.

I could rant on about the various bits of the book that were left out, but it would take some space, and if the film is still good anyway, then whats the point?

Oh, and take some tissues, there were quite a few people who were left blubbing.
Wed 17/12/03 at 14:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I meant Spoilers, my hands are cold from the strawberry milkshake.
Wed 17/12/03 at 16:48
Regular
awe inspiring film though I wouldn't mind punching gollum... that sneaky git :D
Wed 17/12/03 at 16:53
"Darkness, always"
I'm looking forward to seeing this almost as much as the DVD release in 9-10 months time.
Wed 17/12/03 at 16:54
Regular
The DVD's are always better for content but for sure atmosphere watching it in a cinema is superb.
Wed 17/12/03 at 18:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Indeed, i think the extended DVD will really wrap up the trilogy the way it was meant to.
Wed 17/12/03 at 20:42
"cheerios"
Can't wait for the trilogy extended dvd edition, oh I loved this film, but I don't agree with Minas Tirith looking like lego, it looked more like lego with clay on it to smooth it out. I totally agree with the war scenes as well, but I'm really Pi**ed of because there were these kids who were really ruining the movie *should've thrown them out*
Wed 17/12/03 at 21:56
Regular
Went to leicester square odeon to see it.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:48
Regular
"Great Scott's"
For a Last Film in a Trilogy it was superb compared Matrix's 3 installment and Godfather 3. This morning i woke up excited like i was going to see my first film ever, this film did not let me down at all.

Unlike The Matrix were they spend whole film budgets on 1 or 2 big stunts/special effects that look good, the Lord of the Rings spends the money on new technologies of CGU and much smaller in budget special effects you don't automatically think they are CGU and special effects. It links so well with the films, it could not be as good without them.

Anyway getting back to the point of my message, is that this film did not let me down at all, it has action and adventure, a cracking stroyline that the Matrix 2 and 3 did not have, Gollum (Need I say any more about him).

Well I will talk a little more Gollum, i believe that the Actors name that was in the Lyric suit for CGU purposes should win Best supporting Actor, the work he had to put in.

Ok, Thats me done, Apart from I cannot wait for the Extended DVD for Return of King.
Wed 17/12/03 at 23:32
Regular
does anyone know what the name of the tune is on all the adverts for LOTR?

you know, the one with the full orchestra, and in particular the heavy viola content. I don't know how better to describe it than that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.