GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the GC will Fail like the DC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/01 at 19:05
Regular
Nintendo is marketing is console at gamers... which is why the GC will fail.

X-Box and PS are both squarly aimed primarily at the middle market...

This is the market where the cash is... though no-one single middle market games-player will ever buy as many games as a single hobbyist gamer...

The number of middle market players is where the money is...

And given the cost of producing a console, and titles capible of competing in todays market the Nintendo wont have enough buyers cash to make this possible...

There may be one more full size console left in Nintendo... but its future is left only as a handheld machine...

(at least until Sony & Microsoft dicede to attak the market)
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Nintendo is marketing is console at gamers... which is why the GC will fail.

X-Box and PS are both squarly aimed primarily at the middle market...

This is the market where the cash is... though no-one single middle market games-player will ever buy as many games as a single hobbyist gamer...

The number of middle market players is where the money is...

And given the cost of producing a console, and titles capible of competing in todays market the Nintendo wont have enough buyers cash to make this possible...

There may be one more full size console left in Nintendo... but its future is left only as a handheld machine...

(at least until Sony & Microsoft dicede to attak the market)
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:09
Regular
Now that's got to be wrong, because the GameCube is a games based machine they can't go wrong with something running only games only them!
If we added a hard drive or DVD player it would just add more to the price.
For someone like you wouldn't you rather buy that then one with a DVD player? I'm not dissing the PS2 but it's not right.
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:15
Regular
"everyone says it"
this is a joke of a topic right?

good then, because those are the reasons its a success, read my winning topic about Nintendo!
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
I bloody well hope so!
Becuas eif it's not I'm going to have to call Fulbourn Mental Institute...
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
er-no wrote:
good then, because those are the
> reasons its a success, read my winning topic about Nintendo!

Well... then your post is wrong...

No matter how good the games...

Or the spec of the system... People arnt buying the mchine... Then it will fail... and nobody is going to buy the GC, since Sony and Micorsoft are going to corner the Middle Ground market... which is the only market that makes console manufactuers any money

If you dont believe me just look at Wearing Hudsucker... erm... I mean the DreamCast

Sat 17/03/01 at 19:22
Regular
Fine then if you want a DVD player buy one on it's own!
If you want gaming at it's best get the Gamecube!
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:29
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
SNIPER wrote:
> Fine then if you want a DVD player buy one on it's own!
If you want
> gaming at it's best get the Gamecube!

How do you know? The GC hasnt been released yet?

Besides it doesnt matter what I would like... or what you would like... its what the majority would like that counts...

And the majority wont want the GC
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:30
Regular
Look whatever crap you say it is not coming with a DVD player and it's only for games.
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
NO the dreamcast failed because it had failed in the past and people didn't give SEGA a second chance, the GC won't fail because it is being aimed at us and not everyone else, no pointless add-ons, no connection at launch, no dvd at launch, these are all for the good of the GC, the games are amazing and unlike SEGA Nintendo have the strongest support abroad compared to any other company, Japanese people think Shigsy is some gaming GOD, and they love NINTENDO, the US also is where Nintendo does brilliantly, if you are saying that the PS2 will beat the GC then think again, and I don;t think X BOX will simply because everyone will have to purchase 50 microsoft X BOX games for them to start to make a profit! and that every XBOX they sell at launch will lose the company 300 odd quid, also many companies are now backing down from the PS2 developing process, some have announced that after the current projects they will stop making games for the Sony machine, the great news for NIntendo is that most of the companies that left them at the birh of the 64 have now returned, and beacause the GC is the easiest to develop for in terms of programming NIntendo have the best support from SEGA, NAMCO, CAMCOM and recently EIDOS ( :P ) and Konami.
All these companies don't want to release too many games alongside the GC's launch titles as they will lose money and unlike SONY did NINTENDO will not force the companies to launch the games, they can be held back and released when the world is ready for them. Nintendo also have the great GamBoy Adv. and with this beautiful machine I can say that you are wrong with your prediction, Nintendo are going to be the company they once were, but not alone this time because they have help in all divisions, from the press to therre new best friend SEGA,

Watch what you say, I think you should think about it again.
Sat 17/03/01 at 19:38
Regular
Advertising is important... but the underdogs rule. :D

There isn't much to go for, surrounding the Gamecube, but once they start advertising it, IE E3 onwards. BAM. It will be wanted.

And we have the Pokemon base as well... that's quite a large percentage... :)

I don't care about Pokemon... if it makes money for Nintendo, so they can make better/more games, I'll support it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.