GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scariest film ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/10/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Party Hard"
Following the complete mess they made of the top 100 scariest moments on channel 4 (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Yeah right!), I'm interested to find out the scariest film you've ever seen and why.

As for me, it would take a lot to scare me now, but I'll never forget the first time I saw JAWS. The bit with the head floating out the wreckage freaked me out.

More recently though, I've had Cabin Fever, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Shallow Grave running riot with my nerves. Even though Shallow Grave isn't 'scary' as such, it's still a brutal, bone-chilling, black-as-night thriller with a shocking finale and pulse-pounding soundtrack.

So, what else has had you stocking up on spare underwear?
Tue 28/10/03 at 19:48
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I am glad to hear other people thought the ending for Blair Witch was creepy. I thought I was all alone.
Tue 28/10/03 at 19:43
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Ms NY wrote:
> The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my scariest. Although it's not
> actually scary.. it's one of those films which leaves you, at the
> end, feeling weird.

Yes, I agree, you feel weird becasue you've just wasted two hours of your life. I saw that film, really really really bizarre. And like you say I also just stared at the screen after Blair Witch ended.
Tue 28/10/03 at 19:38
Regular
"cachoo"
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my scariest. Although it's not actually scary.. it's one of those films which leaves you, at the end, feeling weird. The same with Blair Witch Project, at the end, it just left me staring at the screen thinking.. "Woah!".

But overall, it has to be Michael Myers!! =D
I wouldn't like to have him trying to hunt me down one bit. :S
Tue 28/10/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I didn't find the Blair Witch film scary, only the end which was very chilling. Even more chilling is www.blairwitch.com, a website that acts as if it really happened, look at scene videos, evidence, interviews the lot. I don't really watch scary movies, although I like to when I have time or if they are on TV. Like you say 100 Scariest Moments made a complete mess, Wizard of Oz? Scary? I doubt it.
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:52
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Probably the only film which has truly made me scared is the first Blair which project. Watched it on sunday again and it still gave me the creeps, espicially the ending.
Tue 28/10/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Party Hard"
Following the complete mess they made of the top 100 scariest moments on channel 4 (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Yeah right!), I'm interested to find out the scariest film you've ever seen and why.

As for me, it would take a lot to scare me now, but I'll never forget the first time I saw JAWS. The bit with the head floating out the wreckage freaked me out.

More recently though, I've had Cabin Fever, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Shallow Grave running riot with my nerves. Even though Shallow Grave isn't 'scary' as such, it's still a brutal, bone-chilling, black-as-night thriller with a shocking finale and pulse-pounding soundtrack.

So, what else has had you stocking up on spare underwear?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.