GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scariest film ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/10/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Party Hard"
Following the complete mess they made of the top 100 scariest moments on channel 4 (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Yeah right!), I'm interested to find out the scariest film you've ever seen and why.

As for me, it would take a lot to scare me now, but I'll never forget the first time I saw JAWS. The bit with the head floating out the wreckage freaked me out.

More recently though, I've had Cabin Fever, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Shallow Grave running riot with my nerves. Even though Shallow Grave isn't 'scary' as such, it's still a brutal, bone-chilling, black-as-night thriller with a shocking finale and pulse-pounding soundtrack.

So, what else has had you stocking up on spare underwear?
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The Exorcist, candyman and Friday 13th were the movies I seen when I was growing up that scared me a little too much.

Not seen a "proper" scary movie for quite some time
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:19
Hi, Dances
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:16
Regular
yay, grapo, hi buddy
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:15
Halloween was very scary when i watched it when i was 12. One of the greatest horror films.

Silence of the Lambs and the following films were very good, not scary but chilling.

Watched The Birds when i was very young and that was pretty scary.

I also liked Carrie. Was good.
Tue 28/10/03 at 21:22
Regular
that child catcher, sorry to say mate, was in chitty chitty bang bang,

i found scream very scary when i saw it when i was 12

The exorcist 3 is acutualy the scariest film i have ever seen, it is freaky, modern and religiously scary.
Tue 28/10/03 at 20:22
Regular
"Whatever!"
Halloween - First time I saw it I couldnt sleep for a week!
Tue 28/10/03 at 20:18
Regular
Night of the Living Dead, Halloween or possibly the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Hellraiser waqs quite freaky at times as was The Shining.
Tue 28/10/03 at 19:57
Regular
Showgirls.
Tue 28/10/03 at 19:54
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Well the scariest film I have ever seen (considering I am only 15) is a tie between The Blair Witch Project and Alien. Both great and both scary for totally different reasons making it very hard to decide which is better.

I really want to see The Child Catcher now though. Lol it looked so hilariously scary (if that makes sense) when I saw a clip from the 100 scariest movie moments show.
Tue 28/10/03 at 19:48
Regular
I liked blair witch but did not find it scary,
The texas cs m, was crap first time i watched it, but god second, mainly for respect of the imagery,

I found Jacobs ladder quite scary, plus it had a great plot.

The shining remake was also very scary, but i did watch it when i was about 11.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.