GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scariest film ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/10/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Party Hard"
Following the complete mess they made of the top 100 scariest moments on channel 4 (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Yeah right!), I'm interested to find out the scariest film you've ever seen and why.

As for me, it would take a lot to scare me now, but I'll never forget the first time I saw JAWS. The bit with the head floating out the wreckage freaked me out.

More recently though, I've had Cabin Fever, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Shallow Grave running riot with my nerves. Even though Shallow Grave isn't 'scary' as such, it's still a brutal, bone-chilling, black-as-night thriller with a shocking finale and pulse-pounding soundtrack.

So, what else has had you stocking up on spare underwear?
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:59
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I thought the scene in Abyss where the woman has to allow herself to drown in the submergible, is really scary. Imagine that.
Wed 29/10/03 at 16:37
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I thought Stephen Kings IT was scary but only when they are kids and not when they are adults in the second one. Second one was quite poo actually.
Wed 29/10/03 at 13:41
Regular
Don't want to sound 'hard', but none of today's films scare me anymore. The only films that really got to me were Stephen King's IT and Candyman 1. I am do jump when films aim to do that, but that isn't frightening, it's more fun because you are getting engrossed in entertainment.
Wed 29/10/03 at 13:23
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Threads - Nuclear war shown to be a VERY scary prospect.

Blair Witch - One can empathise with such a terrifying and confusing situation

28 Days Later - Angry, scary people...

Night of the Living Dead - If only for the broadcast that clues you in to the fact that this isn't just happening in one small area. The dead are rising around the world.

Silent Running - Mankind is morally bankrupt, nature is no more. The planet is covered in concrete. Need I say more?
Wed 29/10/03 at 12:36
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Blair Witch-
When its dark and suddenly you hear children giggling and screaming, then they run out of the tent shouting "WHAT THE F*** IS THAT"?
Wed 29/10/03 at 12:31
Regular
I got kind of freaked by a film called "Don't look now", this little girl dies in a swimming pool and then the girls' father is in Venice and he sees what he thinks is her in the red coat she always wore.The creepy bit is that they find out that its a murdering dwarf!

Some of "Scream" and "Warnings" was scary.

As was parts of "Buffy"...
Wed 29/10/03 at 12:01
Regular
The 'house' scenes in "The Blair Witch Project" scared me a lot. The rest of the film was pretty medicore.

The Shining was pretty creepy for me.

I can't really think of other films that really freaked me out...
Wed 29/10/03 at 11:44
Regular
spice girls
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Eraserhead.
Requiem for a Dream.

Or, the scariest thing I've ever seen is the first 25 Minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" thats a situation I hope never to be in.
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:49
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
CandyMan 1/2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.