GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scariest film ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/10/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Party Hard"
Following the complete mess they made of the top 100 scariest moments on channel 4 (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Yeah right!), I'm interested to find out the scariest film you've ever seen and why.

As for me, it would take a lot to scare me now, but I'll never forget the first time I saw JAWS. The bit with the head floating out the wreckage freaked me out.

More recently though, I've had Cabin Fever, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Shallow Grave running riot with my nerves. Even though Shallow Grave isn't 'scary' as such, it's still a brutal, bone-chilling, black-as-night thriller with a shocking finale and pulse-pounding soundtrack.

So, what else has had you stocking up on spare underwear?
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:54
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Mystique found that scary because she saw what she is supposed to look like.
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mystique wrote:
> Showgirls.

Ha ha ha.

*fap*
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:48
I sometimes feel new films are too perfectly produced.?
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:45
Regular
i must admit i like odl animatronics better then todays computer generated stuff.
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:41
People watch old horror films (pre 1980) like they are hollywood 21st century films. I prefer the older films. They have a naivity that the new "horrors" dont have. I like the crappy effects and the fact that you know what is going to happen. They are great.
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:37
Regular
well, i hear that the exorcist 2 is crap and not even made (directed/produced or what ever) by the same people as the first, exorcist 3 however is.

I did not enjoy exorcist that much, found it abit boring, but the exorcist 3 is a great film, it was made in like 1992 or something and is truely chilling.
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:33
Legendary Link wrote:
> try and get exorcist 3, i highly recodmend it

not seen the first. I will work my way through them. :)
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:31
Regular
try and get exorcist 3, i highly recodmend it
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:28
Whats in your horror collection on DVD? Mine are:

Amityville Horror - not bad, ending is the best where the killer uses a jigsaw (no not one with 1000 pieces!) and people throw the blades of it about.

Children of the Corn - Love this film. Its surreal, weird and scary in the fact that the adults are all alone in a town full of children. Great ending.

The Oman - Great film, not that scary but good storyline.

The Ring - Love this film, one of the best new horror films.

Blair Witch Project - its a classic, inovative, scary.

28 Days later (sort of horror) - Its ok. Good idea. Bad ending.

Just ordered Halloween, The Shining and The Exorcist
Tue 28/10/03 at 22:27
Regular
has anyone else actually seen exorcist 3, i recodmend u do, it is scary and freaky and does'nt feature a girl lying in bed for the whole movie.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.