GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Death Penalty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/03 at 20:08
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
Who agrees with the Death Penalty. I perosnally would like to see it come back for cases of Murder, Child molesering and so on. I know people say yo can get the wrong guy, but if complex detective worked is first carried out, I belive that all the Sickos should get fried! Whats you guys opinions?
Fri 24/10/03 at 19:28
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> Murder is something that seems to be universal in all cultures, the
> only way you would fully stop it is with mind control. Which could
> happen.

wha..the..who told you about my mind control device!!
Fri 24/10/03 at 18:55
"Mimmargh!"
Light wrote:
> Really? You seem awfully sure. Not so long ago, it was said that
> there man would never go to the moon. Or that Britain would always
> have an Empire. Awful and Never are pretty strong terms. Don't you
> think it's conceivable that, with sufficient study, murder could be
> made to be a thing of the past? We look back with horror at things
> like human sacrifice, yet once it was accepted in Celtic society.
> Couldn't we one day look back in horror at the idea of man murdering
> his fellow man? And if not, why not?

Murder is something that seems to be universal in all cultures, the only way you would fully stop it is with mind control. Which could happen.
Fri 24/10/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Light wrote:
> Have we got past that level? For the last month, Sky one's premier
> entertainment has been to encourage us to watch a man starving to
> death.
> Draw your own conclusions.

There is a slight difference though light. Well when I say slight I mean mojor. He is starving himself of his own free will. He can do whatever he wishes to do to his own body and the people who wish to watch him have the right to the choice. His starvation is self imposed and watching it is our choice. I personally choose not to watch it because I thought it was dull but it's not as if anyone is getting any kind of sadistic pleasure out of forcing him to starve in a plastic box suspended in the air.
Fri 24/10/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Handy man wrote:

> I know all about racism as I have studied The other side of truth,
> To kill a mocking bird, Roll of Thunder Hear my cry and Gangs of New
> York. and frankly it's sick.

Man...I wish I knew all about something after reading a few novels...

You are right though; people who discriminate on the basis of race deserve to have splintered chair legs rasped roughly up their ringpiece.
Fri 24/10/03 at 16:31
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Cubist wrote:

>Some stuff.

Have we got past that level? For the last month, Sky one's premier entertainment has been to encourage us to watch a man starving to death.
Draw your own conclusions.
Fri 24/10/03 at 15:56
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
In my opinion it's all to do with two things. 1) Education and 2) Tollerance. Lets face it the people who support racism and so on are normally either uneducated, intollerant or both. It's a terrible thing.
Fri 24/10/03 at 15:50
Regular
The KKK are worse than the Nazis simply as they are so foolish, why does skin colour matter?Won't the world ever evolve past petty things, I don't know, it seems to be going backwrads and not forwards.
I know all about racism as I have studied The other side of truth, To kill a mocking bird, Roll of Thunder Hear my cry and Gangs of New York. and frankly it's sick.
Fri 24/10/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I agree with you Handy Man although I'd just like to point it that you don't have to go as far back as the Tudor times to see people enjoying watching others die. If you go back maybe 60 years or so to the deep south in America you'll find out that there is photographic etc evidence of entire families going out to see black people being lynched and murdered. At least in Tudor times beheading was saved for criminals but the KKK was - and still is - sick and people fully supported the death penalty for the crime of being black only 60 years ago. Haven't we progressed past that? The death penalty is barbaric.
Fri 24/10/03 at 15:37
Regular
Another controversial issue, I believe that life time prison sentences are the way to go but unfortunately there is then the risk of them escaping or being bailed out or let off.
I would say it still seems cruel to kill people as then you become hypocritical, simply because if they are a murderer, you are doing to them exactly what there crime was in the first place.
I don't really believe that we should have the power to deal in such matters as being able to kill people for crimes. Also then we become like some of those barbaric people in the Tudor times who actually liked to watch people being be headed.
They may have done a crime that is monstrous but which is worse for them, a quick and painless death or a life of being in solitude and having to eat meals pushed under their doors, with nothing to do except reflect on their crime?I think you can see where I am going here.
The Death Penalty could be ok if , as you said, the detectives are fair and get their ideas right, because if you kill someone and it is the wrong person you can't exactly say,"Oh, sorry you're not the guy we were looking for, off you go".
Why should the Earth have to suffer global warming from the excess energy that is used to fry the prisoners?Prison is a place of life long suffering without having to do something wrong yourself, so as to send some sicko down.
The Death Penalty could be used, but in strict regulation otherwise it will be used in situations like some poor kid stealing a chocolate bar and getting fried for it.
Overall I am not sure as you have to think what a waste of a life that is, where as in prison they can reform and their souls can not have to clutter up Hell or such a place (not that I believe in it.)

Handy Man
Fri 24/10/03 at 15:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I personally believe that capitol punishment e.g. the death penalty is too final. If new evidence is later found then you have effectively murdered an innocent man.

However after saying that I believe prison sentences and treatment within prisons are too nice. I would like to see criminals serve longer and harsher sentences instead of serving half their sentence and then going back on the streets.

I devised a system that would work years ago but everyone called me mad. Basically it goes that we appeal to the UN to get a colony on some remote part of the earth and we simply transport all criminals etc to this colony forever! This would be punishment for practically every crime. Total exile. No one would risk it and those who did would be a million miles away. It would cost millions and take years to put into effect but it would work. Then again it may be like communism, it looks good on paper but in practice is shockingly bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.