GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Death Penalty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/03 at 20:08
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
Who agrees with the Death Penalty. I perosnally would like to see it come back for cases of Murder, Child molesering and so on. I know people say yo can get the wrong guy, but if complex detective worked is first carried out, I belive that all the Sickos should get fried! Whats you guys opinions?
Thu 06/11/03 at 20:09
"Mimmargh!"
If there is a life jail sentence it should mean LIFE, not 15 or 25 years, as long as that may be. That said individual cases can never be accounted for under one rule.
Thu 06/11/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Well do you feel better if it is 40 years ? 50 years ? death ?
Thu 06/11/03 at 15:47
Regular
I do not think that the death penalty in right.
In my country, Norway the system is very wrong about punishing people.
A person who kills somebody will only get 21 years in prison.
That punishment is way to little!!!!!
Wed 05/11/03 at 17:58
"Mimmargh!"
Light wrote:
> Well, there is the Islamic equivalent in the Sharia law idea of
> 'Blood Money'; that being that if you murder someone, you are
> responsible for the upkeep of that persons family.
>
> Thanks for the links. I'll peruse those at my leisure!

Yes, on Arab law in general; it is well known that in Saudi Arabia if your steal you get your hand removed. Well my English teacher about 5 years ago (was a little eccentric) went there is business and was robbed at the airport. He chased the man and caught him; the theif was taken to the police station and the said English teacher witnessed the criminal having his hand sliced of with a guillotine in the station. How cool is that? Well...maybe not.

And enjoy the links. There were some programmes by Cruikshank on BBC2 a few months ago that looked at how the Iraq conflict and the Palastinian conflict were threatening cultural heritage; including a visit to the Ziggurat that is still largely intact at the ancient city of Ur built by the Sumerians. If the programmes are repeated you should check them out.
Wed 05/11/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
> Interestingly this site indicates that the Hittites modified
> Babylonian law, not the otherway around. And it also says that
> premeditated murder resulted in a large fine. Imagine that now.

Well, there is the Islamic equivalent in the Sharia law idea of 'Blood Money'; that being that if you murder someone, you are responsible for the upkeep of that persons family.

Thanks for the links. I'll peruse those at my leisure!
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:59
"Mimmargh!"
Light wrote:
> Emperor Xerxes wrote:
>
>
> [Indeed. But did you know the majority of THOSE stories were stolen
> wholesale from the Sumerians.]
>
> Yeah, I was sorta dimly aware of it; ancient history is a kinda
> interest of mine. So I didn't know the specifics, but I know a little
> of the Sumerians as the first 'proper' civilisation. You don't have
> any links to relevant sites do you?
>
> [Furthermore, the Code of Hammurabi was just a more harsh version of
> the Hittite code of laws (the Babylonian one being based on
> retribution, the Hittite one being based on rehabilitation).]
>
> Was it? I'm surprised; I always thought the Hittites were a bunch of
> nutters. Ah well; every day is a schoolday!

Indeed, the Hittites were warlike, but I am aware that they had a rather enlightened legal system in comparison to say Babylonia or Assyria. Hell, it was enlightened even in comparison to 19th Century UK. In some ways it is still superior.

As for Sumeria, there is some evidence that point to a civilization even older by about 500-1000 years. Anywho, at the risk of thread jacking I shall see provide these links to Sumeria;

http://www.crystalinks.com/sumer.html

http://www.hyperhistory.com/online_n2/maptext_n2/sumer.html

http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/ch01.htm

http://www.san.beck.org/EC3-Sumer.html

This is a site on Hittites including law;

http://www.crystalinks.com/hittites.html

Interestingly this site indicates that the Hittites modified Babylonian law, not the otherway around. And it also says that premeditated murder resulted in a large fine. Imagine that now.
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:

>
> Indeed. But did you know the majority of THOSE stories were stolen
> wholesale from the Sumerians.

Yeah, I was sorta dimly aware of it; ancient history is a kinda interest of mine. So I didn't know the specifics, but I know a little of the Sumerians as the first 'proper' civilisation. You don't have any links to relevant sites do you?
>
> Furthermore, the Code of Hammurabi was just a more harsh version of
> the Hittite code of laws (the Babylonian one being based on
> retribution, the Hittite one being based on rehabilitation).

Was it? I'm surprised; I always thought the Hittites were a bunch of nutters. Ah well; every day is a schoolday!
Tue 04/11/03 at 15:24
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Mr Pink wrote:
> In the news todat we hear about the killer of the two children. He
> deserves the death penatly.
>
> We should take him into a room, grab his feet and force the splits
> until his toes touch above his head. Now thet his legs are broken we
> should cuff his hands behind his back, then lift the above his head
> and force them round to his gut, now drop him an a pit that is a
> level above alligators, then SLOWLY fill the pit with water so he can
> watch the alligarors float upto him and munch him.

And won't we all feel much better for it eh ? I doubt it, those involved would have been reduced to his level (strangely it may be an idea to wait for a trial before killing people). If he and his girlfriend are guilty then some kind of treatment will probably be in order, in fact I think both have been held in treatment centres since arrest. Also, if they are guilty I think it's far more fitting to treat them and try find what drove them to commit the crime in case it provides information for the future.
Tue 04/11/03 at 14:43
"Mimmargh!"
Light wrote:
> Heh. It's amazing how many people don't realise that huge tracts of
> the Bible originated from Babylonian, Hittite, and Assyrian religious
> writings...
>

Indeed. But did you know the majority of THOSE stories were stolen wholesale from the Sumerians.

Furthermore, the Code of Hammurabi was just a more harsh version of the Hittite code of laws (the Babylonian one being based on retribution, the Hittite one being based on rehabilitation).
Tue 04/11/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Hallelujah"
In the news todat we hear about the killer of the two children. He deserves the death penatly.

We should take him into a room, grab his feet and force the splits until his toes touch above his head. Now thet his legs are broken we should cuff his hands behind his back, then lift the above his head and force them round to his gut, now drop him an a pit that is a level above alligators, then SLOWLY fill the pit with water so he can watch the alligarors float upto him and munch him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.