GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deafness"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/09/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Have you ever imagined what it would be like to be deaf? How disorientating it could be, and how much you would miss out on everday sounds of the world? Do you think you would rememeber what your family and friends sounded like when you could hear them? How do you think you would cope?
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:11
Um, and that would work how?
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:07
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Maybe, if you were deaf, you'd have improved smell?
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:06
Regular
"Remember me?"
Most days when I'm in work, I work alongside a deaf man, Tyrone. He seems to get along fine. I can talk to him almost as easily as I could talk to anyone else; all I need to do is slightly emphasise my mouth movements and we're fine.
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> It's horrible. After an injury I was temporarily deafened. Was around
> a week or 10 days before I could hear again.
>
> It was disorientating, but I got used to that. What I missed was
> things like being able to watch the telly and know what was being
> said, and listening to music.
>
> Thankfully all is well once again.

What Happend?
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:04
GT500 wrote:
> some one point out batmans apprentice...

Isn't it past your bedtime ?
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Not a Jew"
It would be awful being deaf, not being able to hear what people say, having to learn to lip read, not being able to listen to music. In movies, too, ever notice how the atmosphere and tension is created by the haunting music? Or how a certain line can only be funny if it is said a certain way? With subtitles you can't get the same effect.

Being blind might be almost worse. You couldn't see your family, or yourself, or the beauty of mother nature. You wouldn't even know where you were going, and you would have to rely on a guide dog. People don't know how lucky they are, until something like deafness or blindness happens to them.
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:32
Regular
"///AMG"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Someone point out that someone is actually one word.

he,hehe
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:30
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Someone point out that someone is actually one word.
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:29
Regular
"///AMG"
some one point out batmans apprentice...
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:26
Some one point out the person who was stating out the bleeden obvious.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.