GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deafness"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/09/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Have you ever imagined what it would be like to be deaf? How disorientating it could be, and how much you would miss out on everday sounds of the world? Do you think you would rememeber what your family and friends sounded like when you could hear them? How do you think you would cope?
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
The reason I posted this topic was because deafness will soon permanently become part of my life and I wanted people's serious opinions on how they feel they'd cope with it.

P.S. Cheers Robin. :)
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:53
Regular
Timmargh wrote:

> Personally, I think I'd rather be blind than deaf.

never, blindness leaves you totally dependent on others, if you are deaf you can still be perfectly independent and you can use visual aids to replace somethings, nothing can replace vision, even sound, think about the difference between televised sport and sport on the radio, even with the sound of watching is far superior.

the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" is so relevant in this case.
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:44
Hmm maybe.
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:38
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
J-42 wrote:
> Maybe, if you were deaf, you'd have improved smell?

EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> Um, and that would work how?

It may be possible, actually. Your ears are onnected t oyour nose (I think) through a very small tube. That's why, when you hold your nose and blow through your nose, your ears pop!
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Remember me?"
J-42 wrote:
> In special cuircumstances.
>
> Like in Daredevil, his hearing is super human, but he's blind.

His remaining four senses, actually. *smug*
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:41
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I think being deaf would bother me in a way, not being able to hear things would be very wierd. I think i would also just be greatful that there is other ways to communicate such as lip reading and sign language.
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:38
Regular
"Twenty quid."
My dad is very hard of hearing and I have a speech impediment so we have difficulty in communicating which is hard because we get on really well. He helped me a lot with my disability (I have muscular dystrophy) as I was growing up and I've been able to help him now that I've left home; I've bought him a video which can record subtitles off the TV, a mobile 'phone so we can communicate via text message and I bought him the best pair of headphones I could afford (Sennheiser HD600's) so he could listen to music (he has a pair of digital hearing aids which help this).

Personally, I think I'd rather be blind than deaf.
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I knew it!
Take that santa haters! They're just jealous.

I was aware of that, but in Daredevil it's true. I mean it's just absurd ya know!

*Runs*
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:13
Um, do you watch too much tv?

It's not realy ya know.

Now santa, thats a different story, he is so totally real.
Tue 02/09/03 at 20:12
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
In special cuircumstances.

Like in Daredevil, his hearing is super human, but he's blind.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.