GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm not a sexist, but..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/08/03 at 09:25
Regular
Men and Women are different! C'mon, men are (Naturally stronger than women, but women have abilities better than men (no not ironing or any other crappy joke of the same theme))

A few years back Women were'nt allowed in the fireservice, now some of them had a sh!tfit and eventually the goverment said yes, now women can be firefighters, only problem, mens natural ability to be taller therefor stronger, made them better than MOST women, therefor, women failed the tests and couldnt become firefighters. Fair enough, we have these tests to make sure people are capable of saving and protecting lives...the goverment make the test ALOT easier for women, giving them a pass rate, therefor, more women are now firefighters, therefor my life is to be saved when a 5ft 5" woman carrys me out of a window ever her shoulder...?

Well then, that seems a little unfair, but get this, the women were demanding EQUAL rights! EQUAL. So, what do they do? They go out and make 'Diamond', the only car insurance JUST for women. That doesnt seem fantastically equal to me. But, men, we keep schtoomp, because we cant be bothered to argue. Woman howerever, if this was an advert saying 'Male onyl car insurance' or in other words 'Because its women who cause crashes and raise the rates', would get it banned. Now I dont mind the service, all I'm saying is Ladies, for god's sakes make up your mind, which is it you want, equal rights or privilages for different sexes?

Your veiws?
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:09
"Darkness, always"
Gotta love the pattern here. I make a quick comment, and Light replies and replies, each reply longer than the last, each more desperate to belittle me than the last.

It's not working Light. You don't have the power to influence me or upset me.

Given your increasingly desperate attempts to insist that I'm somehow stupid for finding this discussion a source of mild amusement, I think it is you, not me, that needs to calm down and take yourself a little less seriously.

I await the huffy reply telling me once again that I'm a stubborn, tunnel-visioned extremist looking down on the world, sneering from a great height and incapable of considering the opinions of others. I never tire of hearing that sort of stuff.
Tue 26/08/03 at 15:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Cageyness?
>
> "My friend", the only problem I have is that you're not at
> all interested in my opinion, yet are happy to claim otherwise. I say
> "this type of discussion amuses me" and you take that to
> mean that I'm some haughty, sneering evil bloke looking down upon
> 'the filthy untutored peons' and mocking their stupidity.
>
> Did I say that?
>
> Did I mean that?
>
>
> No to both. I said this sort of discussion amuses me. I meant it. You
> don't attack people because of their opinions, you attack people
> because you get off on it. I'm not afraid of you, or any possible
> dent you could make in whatever passes as popularity on these forums.
> Why should I be? For all your forum bullying and fancy-worded
> sneering, you mean absolutely nothing.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Oh, IB; you've gone and been SO nasty to me! However will my poor fragile ego recover?!

Deary dear...in this particular thread, no I freely admit I'm not interested in your opinion. However, as you're clearly never very interested in anyone elses (I still chuckle when I think of your "I'm not saying they can't have different opinions to me; I'm just saying that they're wrong if they do" approach to the thread on the nature of reality), you'll pardon me for taking the opportunity to indulge in a little bit of harmless baiting. After all, it doesn't affect you, so it won't matter if I do so, right?

Right?

>
> By all means carry on though, I'm far too busy learning to scuba dive
> and planning my holiday in the red sea to be ruffled by this sort of
> childish assault.

So unruffled in fact that you've just launched off in a little tirade of insults to try and EMPHASISE your lack of concern? Y'know, if you're as mature as you like to pretend, would you really have gone to the effort of writing all this down? No? Didn't think so...

Another question; if you weren't bothered, why go to the time and trouble to write such a delightfully worded paragraph of pants? I mean, if we were to look at the 3 more blatant attempts to get a bite (the accusations of bullying, the reasons I supposedly argue with people, saying how little what I say means to you), we'd see there all packed rather closely together. It's almost...almost as if you were hoping to get the same rather embarrassing rise out of me that I seem to have elicited from you just previously...

Heh. Chill out my friend; lay off the defensive attitude and try not to take yourself quite so seriously. Go on; try laughing at yourself, or allowing someone else to do so. It's actually rather liberating! Otherwise, you just come across like every smug snotty kid at every school who adopted a superior attitude and boasted about his expensive holidays to make up for his complete lack of friends.
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> "It rubs the lotion on the skin, it does this twice a day"
Tue 26/08/03 at 14:06
"Darkness, always"
Cageyness?

"My friend", the only problem I have is that you're not at all interested in my opinion, yet are happy to claim otherwise. I say "this type of discussion amuses me" and you take that to mean that I'm some haughty, sneering evil bloke looking down upon 'the filthy untutored peons' and mocking their stupidity.

Did I say that?

Did I mean that?

No to both. I said this sort of discussion amuses me. I meant it. You don't attack people because of their opinions, you attack people because you get off on it. I'm not afraid of you, or any possible dent you could make in whatever passes as popularity on these forums. Why should I be? For all your forum bullying and fancy-worded sneering, you mean absolutely nothing.

By all means carry on though, I'm far too busy learning to scuba dive and planning my holiday in the red sea to be ruffled by this sort of childish assault.
Tue 26/08/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Who said anything about contempt?
>
> I just think it's funny.
>
> Man: Men are better than women
> Woman: NO! We're equal
> Man: Umm... Ok then
> Woman: Actually, we're better than you
> Man: Anything you say.
>
> You can try to psycho-analyse me all you like, but at the end of the
> day, you only come across as a borderline intellectual with an over
> inflated sense of self-worth trying to pick a fight on a chat forum
> to demonstrate how clever you are.
>
> *shakes head and keeps on smiling*

Bwah ha ha ha haaa! BOOOM!

"Hey Quint, has any bite ever taken 2 barrels before?!"

My friend, thanks for that; I've seen defensiveness and cageyness before, but that takes the biscuit!
One quick question; bearing in mind this is a forum for debate, why is there a problem with picking fights with people over opinions they may have? We're not still smarting at our inability to argue a point without going all huffy and ignoring the thread, are we?
Tue 26/08/03 at 13:43
"Darkness, always"
Who said anything about contempt?

I just think it's funny.

Man: Men are better than women
Woman: NO! We're equal
Man: Umm... Ok then
Woman: Actually, we're better than you
Man: Anything you say.

You can try to psycho-analyse me all you like, but at the end of the day, you only come across as a borderline intellectual with an over inflated sense of self-worth trying to pick a fight on a chat forum to demonstrate how clever you are.

*shakes head and keeps on smiling*
Tue 26/08/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> These discussions do so amuse me.

I've often wondered IB; seeing as you hold so much of what is discussed here in supposed contempt, how come you feel the need to keep getting involved? You wouldn't...you wouldn't be looking for some way to try and bolster your sense of self worth, would you?

Just checking is all...
Tue 26/08/03 at 10:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
im not sexist, but i agree with mr pink...

stereotypical sayings are there for a reason. most women are like these sayings and most other women. the same can be said for men, except i would add that peoples views and ways change all the time. there could be these uprisings, because people have come to a point where a lot of people have slowly gone away from the stereotype (because of the current views and ideas and happenings) and think that its wrong. then the stereotype is forgotten or changed.

i think that sex rights are quite equal and that there are the same opportunities and happenings for both sexes, except where basic sex characteristics make a big difference. (this is why the fireman thing annoys me, apparently the same can be said about certain army abilities etc., although i could possibly be a bit off on this)
Tue 26/08/03 at 08:59
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Just to further bore people, when Russia says it uses women as front line troops it doesn't mean the same as it does with Western armies.

A front, in russian military terms, is a name for an army group, and one russian front is the same as 3 NATO sized army groups.
Tue 26/08/03 at 00:24
Regular
Women shouldn't be allowed on the frontline in the army (dont think they are any way) because basically they are not as strong as men, but they are possibly better at other things like mental challenges.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.