GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A warning"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/03 at 09:23
Regular
To whomever decided to hack SR and use my name -
I do not take to people imitating me, and should you have been able to access my details, then I *will* find you and your details, either from members here or other means - and I will pay you a visit.

I'm not strutting or joking, I am 100% serious about this.
I will locate you and I will make you cry, don't think I can't or won't.
Because I'm stupid like that, and wherever you are in the country is easily reachable.

Whichever stupid little boy hacked SR and used my name, apologise or once I find out who you are and where you live, you will witness anger the likes of which you have never experienced.

I do NOT want stupid spam following this post, I do NOT want idiot schoolkids mouthing off.
You're in my world now and you mean precisely zero to me.
Page:
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:45
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Belldandy wrote:
> About 14 hours too late with the info Loki....

You what? Are you telling me that I shouldn't be allowed to leave work? Am I not allowed to have any form of social life and/or sleep. Beleive it or not I work here, I'm here during working hours. I don't live here and I won't be at your beck and call 24/7. I'll be back night or day if there is a severe problem with our network site or if I'm aware of any genuine security threat, but this wasn't either. This was some kids playing around with a glitch, having some fun trying to confuse people.

But please accept my heartfelt apologies for not being here all night for you. Now we're back at work the username glitch is being fixed and we will ban anyone that we reasonably believe to be involved in aggravating other forums users in this manner.
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Have we really sunk this low?

Ok, don't answer that.

Whoever did it should be banned.
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:42
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
SR's security is pretty good really Goatboy, better than most online retailers like Play and Amazon, simply because they do not store details, you have to input them everytime you order, and they ask for more details card wise than most, such as issuing bank, CCV etc
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hmmmm...fair enough.
People should definitely be warned, at least. Potential customers browsing through forums would see a warning about hacking etc and could be discouraged from placing orders online - regardless of whether the servers actually were hacked.

I've already changed my details to gibberish and, to be honest, wont place orders online here because I simply have no faith in the security.
Morons claiming they've hacked, Tribute boasting of having everyone's addresses (true or not) doesn't help.

Cheers for reassuring at least this user, and it's not SR's fault at all but twatty little schoolkids making SR security appear unsafe does you guys no favours.

Thanks Loki.
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:37
Regular
About 14 hours too late with the info Loki.... will the people who did it be banned ?
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:34
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Right, everybody pay attention.

No-one has been hacked. No SR servers have been compromised. We make every effort to ensure that all personal data is held with high levels of security and safeguards.

Someone just worked out that there's a glitch in the system that means they can enter whatever username they choose and post under that name by adding a character string to their chosen nickname. This glitch is being corrected.

It just like when ass was in the swear filter. And people worked out that you could get away with *ass* because the punctuation got round the filter. Typing *ass* may have made some very sad people feel clever, like they'd somehow outsmarted someone, but it's really that clever. And it's certainly not a hack.

No-one has been able gain unauthorised access to our servers by merely typing a few extra characters at the end of their username.
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:27
Regular
Ban ALL of them. I'm guessing fro Snuggly's post in Customer Services that they're going to take a while today finding who did it...
Thu 21/08/03 at 09:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
To whomever decided to hack SR and use my name -
I do not take to people imitating me, and should you have been able to access my details, then I *will* find you and your details, either from members here or other means - and I will pay you a visit.

I'm not strutting or joking, I am 100% serious about this.
I will locate you and I will make you cry, don't think I can't or won't.
Because I'm stupid like that, and wherever you are in the country is easily reachable.

Whichever stupid little boy hacked SR and used my name, apologise or once I find out who you are and where you live, you will witness anger the likes of which you have never experienced.

I do NOT want stupid spam following this post, I do NOT want idiot schoolkids mouthing off.
You're in my world now and you mean precisely zero to me.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.