GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ratchets and Wookiee Monsters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ratchet and Clank 3'.
Mon 27/06/05 at 11:31
Regular
Ratchet and Clank 3 went platinum just recently. Being more of a fan of the Jak series, I had decided to wait until the price went down before looking in to Ratchet 3. According to reviews, Ratchet 3 was supposed to be better than Jak 3, a reversal of fortune after the Jak II vs Ratchet 2 match, but I wasn't quite convinced - despite advice from the extrememly knowledgeable monster of the wookiee variety.

Having now played the game however (even for just 10 hours so far), I have to say:

I.

Am.

Stunned.

Its fantastic! Absolutely awesome! The game is accessible for the kids, just about, particularly since kids these days are unnaturally talented when it comes to video games, but its clearly designed with adults in mind. There is a never ending stream of clever touches and things that make me go "Wow! That's such a good idea!!" I spent a couple of hours just fiddling around in Annihilation Nation taking part in the various challenges and death matches - superb! Even the Quark minigames and the new Infiltrator subgames are good fun to play (the Quark minis are made even better by some excellent comic book sequences between games).

Say again: Fantastic, awesome, brilliant, amazing! Thanks Wooks, I should have listened to you sooner!
Wed 21/09/05 at 08:00
Regular
I've not tried it myself, so this is a relayed opinion, but magazine reviews suggested it was one of the better online experiences for PS2. Certainly worth a go if there are still plenty of people playing it online.
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:59
Regular
"Mozzy"
Whats it like online guys? Anyone tried it?
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:55
Regular
"youngest regular"
how old is this damn thread!
he just said he liked ratchet and clank 3!
Mon 19/09/05 at 08:12
Regular
Have you restarted in challenge mode now? I only did this a week or so ago and have gone through collecting level 8 weaponry. It all requires a lot more bolts, but there are plenty more available because of the multipliers that mount up if you destroy lots of enemies. Also, things like the vid comics, Annihilation Nation, the sewer crystals and various other challenges are rewarded with huge amounts of bolts. That Qwarktastic battle got me several million if memory serves. Definitely worth going through a second time.
Sun 18/09/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Mozzy"
Double Post
Sat 17/09/05 at 09:43
Regular
"Mozzy"
This game is so cool. I've been playing it for the last 2 months which seems quite a long time but it's not seeing as I only play it about once or twice a week.

Everything about it is so funny, cool, sad, it's just one of the best platformers i've played ever.

Im up to the part where you have to complete the Quark comic #4 and then go after Nufarious.

The Quark comics are awesome, a great little mini-game which fits into the main story very well.

Im sure all of you have already completed it now but dont spoil anything for me. I hope to complete it tonight when I come home, I think im near the end now.

Great game, will definately get R&C Deadlocked.

EDIT: Actually, isn't it just Ratchet in the next game? Hmmm...that might make sense seeing as Clank is helping out Nurfarious right now, maybe Clank turns evil or dies or soemthing, I hope not though.
Tue 30/08/05 at 21:11
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I thought Jak 2 was terrible, so it kinda put me off the series.

That was my opinion of Jak 1 so there was no way I would risk purchasing 2 OR 3.
Sat 27/08/05 at 21:22
I liked Jak2 - it had a pleasing, if kind of obvious twist, and the levels were nicely designed.

Might borrow Jak3 off a friend.
Sat 27/08/05 at 20:41
"period drama"
I thought Jak 2 was terrible, so it kinda put me off the series.
Thu 25/08/05 at 22:55
"High polygon count"
Jak 3 is easily one of the greatest PS2 games created so far. You'd be a fool not to buy it, and if you don't find it enjoyable, there's something wrong with you!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.