GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AS/A levels - hanging yourself or basking in glory?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/08/03 at 15:12
Regular
Well,

I looked on the sites and no one seems to have posted a thread yet!

How did you do? Feel like killing yourself twice over? Or are you swimming in victory?

I am mixed.

My AS results were a little various you see. At sixth form I was stuffed and I couldnt take the subjects I really wanted to do - I did do eng lit/lang and Drama YAY :P but spanish and psychology I was kinda pushed into doing as ones I really wanted to do clashed with the others

Eng lil/lang -- B!!!

Theatre Studies -- B!! (TWO POINTS OFF AN A!!)

General Studies x 2 -- C and another C that was another TWO POINTS OFF A B!!

and here comes the bad bit

I was six marks off an E for spanish so i got U and I got a E in psycho :(

Doesnt matter I can catch up and do better but I was disheartened as I tried so very hard at spanish and everyone in my class flopped

How did you do? How you feel?
Congrats to those A level students getting the grades to go uni!
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:54
Déb wrote:
> Well, I confirmed my place reading English at Birmingham University
> today.
>
> Sooooo classy!

I wonder what will happen if any confirmation letters got lost in the post.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:52
Regular
Heh.

You do realise next thursday will start the "GCSE results" thread and the same thing will happen.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ok Blank, I understand what you mean. Sometimes it's the exams.

Like in English - the exam lets me down but the actual writing a short story as coursework I got 49/50! YAYYYYY!!!

Water under the bridge

*group hug*
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well, I confirmed my place reading English at Birmingham University today.

Sooooo classy!
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:38
Yeah, I sent it off pronto today.

I applied ofr a swanky catering hall as well, so my first year should be cool to live in, free from tramps and possible abuse from students.

And if you ever see a tramp with a dog chasing someone, and that someone kicking the dog, then you'll know it's me.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:21
"Mimmargh!"
Icarus wrote:
> What are you taking?

Philosophy and Politics. If your talking about uni courses and not drugs I mean.

>ANd have you got a reply for accomodation yet?

I have nothing about accomodation yet, but I only sent off my offer slip today. You should probably set up a student account in the mean time.

> I had loads of stuff from the Uni come in today, but nothing on
> accomodation. I guess I'll live on the streets - it's cheaper.

Lol its been a day since results, give them chance. They won't allocate you anything for sure until they get your reply slip.

But if I do see you on the streets I shall be sure to point and/or laugh.
Then get chased away by an unruly tramp with a small dog that perches on his shoulder. Shouting ''I'LL GET YE DAMN KIDZ!!!'' with the dog yelping at the same time.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:20
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> >Horriblest exam you ever sat? What did you get in your language
> paper again?...........<--------

I wasn't having a go at your Spanish there at all. If you don't understand the remark it doesn't matter, suffice it to say it wasn't anything against your Spanish result.

As a matter of fact I have a similar problem in English - I can never obtain as high a grade in that as I can in other subjects, and yet I can write perfectly well and have had this confirmed by tutors.

Don't get upset about what I said, because it really doesn't matter. I'm just a person on a chat forum who has no bearing on anything in your life, nothing to get annoyed over.
Fri 15/08/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Light of the world"
Blank wrote:

>Horriblest exam you ever sat? What did you get in your language paper again?...........<--------

>I'm also assuming you had some sort of supermigraine + loss of bodily limbs for the Psychology exam to get an E. I didn't even know there was an E in Psychology.

I did bad for the first time in my life, I know that. I am so hard working you have no clue so thats why it hurt even more to try so hard and fail.

Infact, best thing about it is...when i am in spain I speak nigh fluent to them. Its the exam system I know but if I ever need to prove I can do spanish - all I have to do is open my trap!

What you said wasnt funny, it was patronising and being belittled when I felt crap about it anyway was just what i needed.

That is all - you didnt have to

You even don't care, but you still posted in an exam thread.
Fri 15/08/03 at 18:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
NB: I said nothing about Spanish, as I have not done Spanish A/AS exams or GCSEs, and know nothing about it.
Fri 15/08/03 at 18:37
Regular
"118 118"
"Place Bets Now"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.