GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AS/A levels - hanging yourself or basking in glory?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/08/03 at 15:12
Regular
Well,

I looked on the sites and no one seems to have posted a thread yet!

How did you do? Feel like killing yourself twice over? Or are you swimming in victory?

I am mixed.

My AS results were a little various you see. At sixth form I was stuffed and I couldnt take the subjects I really wanted to do - I did do eng lit/lang and Drama YAY :P but spanish and psychology I was kinda pushed into doing as ones I really wanted to do clashed with the others

Eng lil/lang -- B!!!

Theatre Studies -- B!! (TWO POINTS OFF AN A!!)

General Studies x 2 -- C and another C that was another TWO POINTS OFF A B!!

and here comes the bad bit

I was six marks off an E for spanish so i got U and I got a E in psycho :(

Doesnt matter I can catch up and do better but I was disheartened as I tried so very hard at spanish and everyone in my class flopped

How did you do? How you feel?
Congrats to those A level students getting the grades to go uni!
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Every year my parents put money into a fund for me.

Basically a high interest fund that will give me lotsa money.
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:31
Forgive me, I'm quite stupid.
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:31
What's a trust fund?
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I've got £700 in my account...

Plus I've got a trust fund set up for me which has about £5 in it so I shouldn't be too bad...
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:19
Well, if they can pay off the accomodation fees in one chunk (and the same goes for tuiton fees) you should be able to get a small discount. I wou;dn't go for the loan until you absoulutely need it because even though you don't pay back until well after graduation, the interest incurred will still mean you have to pay back much more than you borrowed.
Mon 18/08/03 at 16:15
Regular
I'm looking at about £55 per week for a en-suite, and £45 for a normal. I've asked for an en-suite, seeing as showering with a lot of other guys doesn't appeal.

Then there's food, tuition fees (insert textbook moaning about Labour), social life money, and I'm gonna have to cut back on DVDs, CDs, books and cinema going.

It sucks. I've read all the stories about students who get into hefty debt and all that, but I guess I didn't really take it in. Student loan will help some, but I'm preparing myself to ask the folks how much they'll pay. Damn.
Mon 18/08/03 at 15:06
No accomodation stuff for me yet. How much do you have to pay?
Mon 18/08/03 at 10:59
Regular
York sent me a load of accomodation stuff, and I've realised that I don't have enough money.

Excellent, I'm already screwed and I don't start for 6 weeks.
Sun 17/08/03 at 22:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I love AQA. AQA give me good marks. Except in English Lang/Lit. At least their logo says what AQA stands for, unlike crappy OCR.
Sun 17/08/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Light of the world"
Blank wrote:
> I think mine's AQA actually. I had to do two pieces of coursework plus
> commentaries, no Shakespeare piece (that's A2 for me), there was an
> anthology of poetry and other bobs to do an exam on plus two diary
> novels: Diary of a Nobody and Diary of Adrian Mole.
>
> I worked out the percentages and my coursework actually came out
> marginally on top. Still a disappointing result though.
Oh right - i am not favourable of AQA (psychology exam board :( )
MIne seems quite different to your one then. Hmm I thought we all take the same course but - im wrong!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.