GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AS/A levels - hanging yourself or basking in glory?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/08/03 at 15:12
Regular
Well,

I looked on the sites and no one seems to have posted a thread yet!

How did you do? Feel like killing yourself twice over? Or are you swimming in victory?

I am mixed.

My AS results were a little various you see. At sixth form I was stuffed and I couldnt take the subjects I really wanted to do - I did do eng lit/lang and Drama YAY :P but spanish and psychology I was kinda pushed into doing as ones I really wanted to do clashed with the others

Eng lil/lang -- B!!!

Theatre Studies -- B!! (TWO POINTS OFF AN A!!)

General Studies x 2 -- C and another C that was another TWO POINTS OFF A B!!

and here comes the bad bit

I was six marks off an E for spanish so i got U and I got a E in psycho :(

Doesnt matter I can catch up and do better but I was disheartened as I tried so very hard at spanish and everyone in my class flopped

How did you do? How you feel?
Congrats to those A level students getting the grades to go uni!
Sat 16/08/03 at 15:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think mine's AQA actually. I had to do two pieces of coursework plus commentaries, no Shakespeare piece (that's A2 for me), there was an anthology of poetry and other bobs to do an exam on plus two diary novels: Diary of a Nobody and Diary of Adrian Mole.

I worked out the percentages and my coursework actually came out marginally on top. Still a disappointing result though.
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Light of the world"
right ..

i have a blue Edexcel AS Exam results sheet..

Do you?

Where it says all subjects and marks out of so and so, underneath all them should be your Eng individual results again and by side of title saying your grade.

On back of that sheet there is a chart showing each mark scheme with grade
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Light of the world"
no AS ..i get the sheet
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm talking about AS, are you talking about A2?
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Light of the world"
are you doing A2??

I had to do a short story as coursework with a companion piece.

Then two other exams - one on a shakespeare play and the other on the spoken word.

yea it broke it down didnt it - the mark scheme tells you what points you got and on back of sheet it has a little chart saying what grade the mark is (i think)
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:21
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Not sure, it was out of 90 on my breakdown sheet. Sixty something I think, 67 maybe. I don't really know what that means though because I was also told it was a mark out of 50.

Although did you not have to do two pieces? One written and one spoken, plus commentaries on each?
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Light of the world"
Yea, I do Lit and Lang which is generally seen as much harder than the lit course.

Yes the coursework for AS was out of 50 marks. I got 49. But that was for a story AND a companion piece analysing your story. Some people find it very hard to criticise and big up their own work.

I made references to people Like Anton Chekhov, henry slesar and Bradbury.

English has always been on e of my strongest subjects. I love to write.

Its ennying though - I have the potential to get an A because my writing is of a high standard but its the exams again that are the bummer (seeing a repetitious link here :S)

What did you get instead of what you thought?
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Good luck and all that. I think we should go into hiding next week.
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:14
Regular
I get my GCSE results on the 21st (Thursday).

I think there'll be a mass overload of "I GOT ME GCECE REZULTZ!!!1!!1!" thread - so its best someone just starts one entitled "GCSE Results thread"

gamezfreak - Keeping the forum retards in one place. Humph.
Fri 15/08/03 at 21:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Err....group hug accepted.

You do English Lang/Lit like me, right? I thought my coursework would actually lift my grade, as during the exams I was so pisssed off at the whole subject I didn't bother at all. From the results breakdown it looks like my coursework was the worst of the three modules. Dunno how that works, considering I made every ammendment my teacher asked and took every suggestion on board.

Oh, and if the GCSE results do come out next week as gamezfreak says, everyone brace yourself for a Daily Mail rant about how boys are falling dramatically behind yet again. When that thing kicked off again last year I actually found the figure of how much boys had dropped behind that year. You know what it was? Around 0.08 %. Something must be done!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.