GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hip-Hop Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/07/03 at 20:46
Regular
We seem to be starting quite a few at the moment, so lets keep it all in one place.

This is your centre for enquiring about/recommending/talking about any albums, songs or rappers.

Enjoy.
Page:
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:25
"slightlyshortertagl"
On a completely different note;

Did anyone keep an eye on the Hip-Hop Power Summit over the weekend? I can't say I heard too much of it, 1xtra kept a pretty damn good coverage going all weekend. The MC battle was pretty impressive, too. With Jin cleaning up, and walking away with $50k.

Pro Green was representing the UK, and did so with style. Hunt around the 1xtra site and you can listen to all 3 battles that happened on the night. And it has various other streams, most of which are fecking good. I reccomend the JAzzy Jeff set from the Notting Hill Carnival for tru hip-hop genius DJing (and I've seen him live!! :P)
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:19
"slightlyshortertagl"
Mozzy wrote:
> Yeh I like Sway, I haven't got his album (does he even have one?) or
> anything but i've seen a few videos with him in and he's very funny.

No albums as such, but he's got two mixtapes out. I think they've both ranked as the highest selling UK mixtapes ever, or something. He is big. I've seen them for a couple of quid each down at jumpoff.tv ( [URL]http://www.jumpoff.tv[/URL] ), or you could just 'obtain' them.

> I think he was in 'Harvey Nicks' tune from the Mitchell Brothers, his
> part was hilarious. Taking the pi$$ out of Butlins. :D

Probably one of his best verses I've heard, although this 'Tipsy' remix/refix/whateveryawannacallit is pretty good too. Worth a listen. I think he's got a full blown album coming out in the new year.

Already seen him live once. Might be seeing him along with Skinny and Klashnekoff @ Ministry of Sound in the near future ;)
Wed 05/10/05 at 21:13
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yeh I like Sway, I haven't got his album (does he even have one?) or anything but i've seen a few videos with him in and he's very funny.

I think he was in 'Harvey Nicks' tune from the Mitchell Brothers, his part was hilarious. Taking the pi$$ out of Butlins. :D
Wed 05/10/05 at 20:40
"slightlyshortertagl"
Asher wrote:
> The worst thing I've heard recently is an English Hip-Hop song and I'm
> not sure exactly how it goes, but the chorus is like 'London,
> something something, Birmingham, something something, etc..'

Up your speed?

Not exactly the best Sway tune ever, but it's the mosy pop-y one he's done.

Try and have a listed to 'This is my Promo Vol.1'. He's lyrically hilarious, AND he can emcee.
Wed 05/10/05 at 20:34
Regular
I remember a British hip-hop song that was sung in a bland voice, with an almost punk-sound to the vocals.

I last heard it about a year back when I played Tony Hawks 4...
Wed 05/10/05 at 20:30
Regular
The worst thing I've heard recently is an English Hip-Hop song and I'm not sure exactly how it goes, but the chorus is like 'London, something something, Birmingham, something something, etc..'

And it just points out how uncool and unglamorous most of the cities in England sound compared to Brooklyn, The Bronx, Los Angeles, Compton, Queensbridge, Chicago, etc
Wed 05/10/05 at 17:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
Mozzy wrote:
> Roll Deep's 'Shake a Leg' has a very annoying Chorus, but everything
> else is alright. Might have to buy their album.

Argh.

Yes, er. go for it if you like the style, but personally I found the whole album to be painfully dissapointing. But t'is a good pop-y stepping stone into the whole grime 'ting' ;)
Wed 05/10/05 at 16:26
Regular
"Mozzy"
Roll Deep's 'Shake a Leg' has a very annoying Chorus, but everything else is alright. Might have to buy their album.
Fri 30/09/05 at 20:02
Regular
"Mozzy"
Dear Mama is my favorite Tupac song.
Fri 30/09/05 at 19:36
Regular
At the moment I've just got into Hip-Hop and rap so forgive me if my tastes are a little 'poor' ;o)

Anyway, at the minute I'm 'into' Tupac and one of my favourite songs, and one that I'd recommend to Hip-Hop newcomers, is Dear Mama. I'd recommend the song simply because it contains some good lyrics with a more profound meaning rather than indistinguishable 'homie-slang' and lots of swearing.

I've also started listening to Jurassic 5, and one of my favourite songs would have to be Concrete Schoolyard (something I'd recommend to newcomers) again for its lyrics and slightly less 'extreme' lyrics.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.