GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hip-Hop Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/07/03 at 20:46
Regular
We seem to be starting quite a few at the moment, so lets keep it all in one place.

This is your centre for enquiring about/recommending/talking about any albums, songs or rappers.

Enjoy.
Page:
Fri 07/10/05 at 15:54
Regular
"Mozzy"
Theres two 'Outta Control' tracks from 50 Cent, theres one with Mob Deep in and theres one with just him in.

(I think)
Fri 07/10/05 at 15:53
"slightlyshortertagl"
smv wrote:
> Heh, sounds familiar. Foreign Beggars were there too last week, and
> played "Hold On" as the last song of their set.

Hold On is just such an amazingly amazing tune.

I got talking to the Indian dude in Foreign Beggars after the gig, he's a pretty cool guy... He came and sat next to me to watch the Scratch Perverts do their thang. And it's actually quite nice to have an artist say 'yeah, I saw you down there, seemed like you were really enjoying it' to you. Adds a really nice touch...

Task Force/Skinny/Foreign Beggars.. Where was this?
Fri 07/10/05 at 15:38
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Is there a song that oes "I know i got what it takes to make a girl go outta control"?

I thought it was 50 cent but i listened to his outta control song its not that one as far as i can tell.
Fri 07/10/05 at 09:45
Regular
"serenity now!"
Niddle wrote:
> smv wrote:
> Anyway, back to when I saw them live, I was right at the front. Then
> suddenyl out of nowhere Skinny jumped out of the wings, and did his
> thang. I've never been so squashed against a barrier in my life, the
> rush that ensued skinny coming on was phenomenal.

Heh, sounds familiar. Foreign Beggars were there too last week, and played "Hold On" as the last song of their set. Skinnyman burst on the stage for the last verse and just set the place alight. He did his set after that, but I only saw half cos it was getting to nearly 3 am and it was a school night :(
Thu 06/10/05 at 21:59
Regular
I've heard a song or two from Braintax (I think that's their name), mainly the one where the guy goes on about how pesky his girlfriend is.
Very cockney and sounds good. You even get a sample of her calling him a "w***a" with an essex accent. :-)
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:57
"slightlyshortertagl"
smv wrote:
> I saw Skinnyman last week, was really good. Taskforce stole the show
> tho.

Didn't picture you as a hip-hopper :P

I saw Foreign Beggarz a while back, they're fooking amazing. Their main dude (Orifice Vulgatron) is an amazing rapper, and they have some decent production on their album, too. Called 'Asylum Speakers'. They have on tune on there called 'Hold On' with Skinny.

Anyway, back to when I saw them live, I was right at the front. Then suddenyl out of nowhere Skinny jumped out of the wings, and did his thang. I've never been so squashed against a barrier in my life, the rush that ensued skinny coming on was phenomenal.

Gotte get a task force album of sort soon, I keep hearing their name being thrown around...
Thu 06/10/05 at 17:00
Regular
"serenity now!"
Niddle wrote:
> Might be seeing him along with Skinny and
> Klashnekoff @ Ministry of Sound in the near future ;)

I saw Skinnyman last week, was really good. Taskforce stole the show tho.
Thu 06/10/05 at 16:50
"slightlyshortertagl"
Asher wrote:
> Niddle, anything with Jazzy Jeff involved is going to be pure gold :D
> I saw the repeat of the Urban Music Festival on T4 recently and him
> and Will Smith completely stole the show!

I was there ;)

> As for Sway.. Slick Rick and Roots Manuva are the only English
> rappers I've been able to bear to listen to. The accents everyone
> else put on while they're rapping just sound so weird.

That's fair, but a lot of rappers aren't putting on accents, which means that people into their US-shizzle find the accents wierd. Recently I heard an American hip-hop journalist describe UK hip-hop as 'US hip-hop before all the bling bling stuff ruined it'.
Thu 06/10/05 at 16:45
Regular
That album and KRS-One self-titled are two Hip-Hop albums I've always wanted but have always been second priority to other CDs. I finally got KRS-One off eBay, I know that one day for sure I'll have to get Midnight Marauders. I have Electric Relaxation and it is very excellent indeed, I'll try and download the other two you recommended and hopefully it'll kick me into gear and I'll finally buy the album.

Niddle, anything with Jazzy Jeff involved is going to be pure gold :D I saw the repeat of the Urban Music Festival on T4 recently and him and Will Smith completely stole the show!

As for Sway.. Slick Rick and Roots Manuva are the only English rappers I've been able to bear to listen to. The accents everyone else put on while they're rapping just sound so weird.
Thu 06/10/05 at 11:44
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Asher wrote:
> That's just one of those CDs that's on my list of things to get but
> there's always something I want more that I end up buying instead.
>
> I know one day I'll get it lol.. I think i heard a song called sex
> song or something similar, and I thought it was a bit crap so I lsot
> a bit of interest. Is it a solid album?

Yes its more than solid, its a classic! I think you unfortunately listened to the only weak track (Hot Sex) on the whole album. For a sneak preview try listening to (downloading) Steve Biko (Stir it up), electric relaxation or God lives through.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.