GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RAW Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/07/03 at 15:01
Regular
I've made a RAW thread which is basically for discussing what happens on RAW. Every week just talk about what happened on RAW, I never actually see that much talk about each show so I've decided to make this thread. Whatever you do PLEASE don't put any spoilers in or if you really have to do it after Friday Night.

I think this seems like a good idea but if you guys don't like it just let it die, however, if this works out I'll make a smackdown thread soon enough.
Page:
Thu 06/10/05 at 18:21
Regular
Meh, the homecoming show just annoyed me.

Few points:-

Was it even worth Hogan turning up? His promo was so short and just left the fans thinking 'yeah, whatever'.

The Iron Match was good, but as Wardy has mentioned already, Vince has just ruined this type of match. I mean we could of seen 20 minutes of pure wrestling but noooooo...

Austin's segment dragged and took up too much time. Plus points were Shane and Steph, although it twas a shame that we didn't get to hear Shane speak.

Triple H's return? Predictable and boring

Piper's pit? Again, was it even worth Foley turning up? Pile of crap.

Hardy, Edge bout was alright, but even the big spots didn't seem to excite me. Crappy finish too.

The rest I don't care about or I can't remember right now.

Overall a big fat meh.
Thu 06/10/05 at 16:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
The Wardy wrote:
> Morbo wrote:
> The Wardy wrote:
>
> but people seem to become conssiderably less durable during a
> Iron Man Match.
>
> Brett Hart Vs HBK Wrestlemaina 12. 1 hour no pins or submissions.
>
> Oh how the mighty have fallen!
>
> 1 hour no pins to getting pinned in 9 minutes!

he's got another 10 years on the clock now though, be fair :D
plus that's about right to start the scoring in a 30 minute iron man match in a time where audeinces don't have much of an attention span. the HBK/bret 0-0 was ace BECAUSE it was 0-0, but i don't think modern fans would accept that unless the match was of a similar quality (not going to happen these days) so it must now either be a clear win or a scored draw. plus an early fall helps build the comeback, or gets the commentators talking about "tapping out to avoid great injury and stay fresher". there's a point to all of it.
certainly more point than having Conway randomly abuse all the "legends" at homecoming.
Thu 06/10/05 at 13:42
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> ... completely ruins the continuity of their characters.

Any gimmick match does that though.

Another example:-
Hardcore match - Repeated shots with chairs, trash cans etc...won't score a pin.
Standard match - A single shot fom a chair, snuck into the ring is enough to win.
Wed 05/10/05 at 18:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think Iron Man matches are great but I agree that some of the falls are stupid. Where as an opponent may kick out of a finisher in a normal match they're being pinned after say a few suplex for example which completely ruins the continuity of their characters.
Wed 05/10/05 at 17:32
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Morbo wrote:
> The Wardy wrote:
>
> Iron Man Match.
>
> Brett Hart Vs HBK Wrestlemaina 12. 1 hour no pins or submissions.

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

1 hour no pins to getting pinned in 9 minutes!
Wed 05/10/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Balls"
The Wardy wrote:

> Iron Man Match.

Brett Hart Vs HBK Wrestlemaina 12. 1 hour no pins or submissions.
Wed 05/10/05 at 16:40
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Now that Iron Man Match was annoying.

They have a match 27 minute match before they get the tap out from HBK for the Angle win.

At Vengeance they have another match which i cant find the length of, but my point is that the 1st fall came within 9 minutes, which i think is ridiculous for Angle/HBK. Granted it was a brilliant move off the top rope, but if that had happened at Wrestlemania i think everyone would have left disappointed with that match because it would have ended in 9 minutes! If that was Wrestlemania HBK would have kicked out but people seem to become conssiderably less durable during a Iron Man Match.
Tue 04/10/05 at 18:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Done a few movies i think. Wasn't he in the Longest Yard as a bit part?
Tue 04/10/05 at 18:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Has he been doing anything since he left the WWE?
Tue 04/10/05 at 14:28
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Kawada wrote:
> Don't have to, he's a regular reader of these forums don't you know
> :-D

He must have nothing to do with his time now.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.