GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Jim Carrey film"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 19:01
Regular
Was arguing with a friend over this a couple of days ago. Either you think he's hilarious or not, what do you think is his greatest work?

In terms of serious stuff, The Truman Show rules supreme over the other couple of efforts, 'The Majestic' and somthing else. In terms of comedy, the comedic creation that is Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber is a classic (and soon to be bastardized by some Carrey wannabe in the upcoming cash-in). Though having watched Liar Liar recently and then ensuing hilarity it caused, I'm not so sure.

What do you think?
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
Bruce Almighty.

Superb.
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Has anyone seen any of his stand up?
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:00
Regular
"118 118"
I haven't seen one of his standups but imagine he is very funny on the spot.

The best standup comic I have seen is Mark Lamaar.
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:05
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Jim Carrey has a unique acting style because he's supposedly manic depressive.Just a bit of info there for anyone who didin't know that.

As for his greatest movie, The Truman Show was probably the best.
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
er-no wrote:
> Bruce Almighty.
>
> Superb.

Yep it is. Could be his best film to date.
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
adrian wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Bruce Almighty.
>
> Superb.
>
> Yep it is. Could be his best film to date.

Its suprising. It didn't sound all that good. It just turned out so enjoyable.
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:19
Regular
I don't think Jim is a manic depressive, I've seen interviews with him and he never mentioned anything about that.

I haven't seen his stand up, I saw a clip of his early days on stage, but it was only a minute long. That was on the biography channel.

Speaking of stand up though, I recently watched man on the moon, which although very different to his normal roles, was very good.

I didn't know anything about andy kauffman before that, but I believe Jim's rendition of him was VERY accurate.
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:20
Regular
and er-no, have you seen bruce almighty? I didn't know it was out yet, or have you got it from the states?
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:20
The lastest Bruce Almighty
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
er-no wrote:
> Its suprising. It didn't sound all that good. It just turned out so
> enjoyable.

Saw a trailer a few weeks ago and it looked good. It is a good film and is pretty funny as well.

Anyway I justed changed my name from crappy adrian to mossmanfly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.