GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Jim Carrey film"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 19:01
Regular
Was arguing with a friend over this a couple of days ago. Either you think he's hilarious or not, what do you think is his greatest work?

In terms of serious stuff, The Truman Show rules supreme over the other couple of efforts, 'The Majestic' and somthing else. In terms of comedy, the comedic creation that is Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber is a classic (and soon to be bastardized by some Carrey wannabe in the upcoming cash-in). Though having watched Liar Liar recently and then ensuing hilarity it caused, I'm not so sure.

What do you think?
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:01
Regular
Was arguing with a friend over this a couple of days ago. Either you think he's hilarious or not, what do you think is his greatest work?

In terms of serious stuff, The Truman Show rules supreme over the other couple of efforts, 'The Majestic' and somthing else. In terms of comedy, the comedic creation that is Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber is a classic (and soon to be bastardized by some Carrey wannabe in the upcoming cash-in). Though having watched Liar Liar recently and then ensuing hilarity it caused, I'm not so sure.

What do you think?
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:37
Regular
"118 118"
In my opinion, the Truman Show is his best film. It is more of an adult role as opposed to his previous slapstick roles. The film has a wonderful twist and great acting.
Sat 31/05/03 at 20:06
Regular
"You've upset me"
Truman Show without a doubt.
Sat 31/05/03 at 20:10
Regular
truman show is very good, but jim carrey is famous for his slapstick idiocy. that being the case I would say his finest performances were either liar liar, ace V or dumb and dumber
Sat 31/05/03 at 20:12
Regular
Ace Ventura.

Is crap.
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:02
Regular
Ace Ventura.

Is a classic. I'd have to go with The Mask, but Bruce Almighty looks superb.

Dumb and Dumber is crap. I hated it.
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:05
Regular
Truman show wins my heart.
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:06
Regular
no the mask was a bit silly (even for carreys standards). although it got slated, I actually found the cable guy funny
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I like the look of his new one in which he gets the powers of god and uses it to improve his life in a comic way eg Making Jennifer Anistons b00bs bigger lol Looks like a good film :D
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I have actually enjoyed most of his films on some level. I wouldn’t say I have a favourite, he is the kind of actor that you can watch without knowing the story and know you will still laugh at some point.

I think The Grinch suited his acting “style”.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.