GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adverts that make you want to punch someone until they don't move anymore"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/05/03 at 21:28
Regular
That goddamn old bint off the tesco advert, is it prunella scales, who used to play basil faulties wife? I'd like to wear my shoes out on her face.

Also those diamond car insurance adverts ("Why did I choose diamond car insurance? simple because I'm a woman")

Flash adverts, you know with that idiot and his smart alec wife who you'd like to have an accident with an over-polished floor, while carrying a tray full of broken glass and razor blades.

that guy who takes a day off work. then comes in the following day with a box of lemsip, and comes out with "this sorts the men from the boys"

oh and of course those claim adverts.
"I fell over a piece of wood that shouldn't have been there." congratulations, you're an idiot, have 10 grand

any tampon advert with women prancing around like they're on drugs or something

senokot diarreah adverts. do we really need diarreah adverts?

any more that really tweak your melon?
Tue 13/05/03 at 12:50
Regular
Heh, if women drivers are SO good, why do they need insurance, eh? eh?
Tue 13/05/03 at 12:44
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I was waiting for X2 to start and they decided to show an ad for the Xmen 2 game: complete with clips from the film...

Classic.
Tue 13/05/03 at 12:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The worst kind of advert are the ones shown in cinema's. I really dislike paying five pound odd to see a film only to sit through 20 minutes of TV ads beforehand. Trailers I don't mind because I rarely see those on TV, at least not in much detail as I do at the cinema, but TV ads!!! I get enough of that pap at home, I don't want to see it when I'm trying to enjoy myself.
Tue 13/05/03 at 12:36
Regular
"I'm Great."
I decided that I dislike all adverts bar a select few. Some of those being the New Heineken one, that one with Peter Kay where his daughter phones him when he's having a meal in the resturant, most of the wkd ads, maybe a few more that I can't think of at the moment. Other than that they are all either cringe worthy or just make you want to smash stuff or people.
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:54
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Meka Dragon wrote:

> Worse still, it's an ad for a Fiesta.

I shuddered when I read that. Please give me more warning before you use such profanities on this site. I'll let you of this once but if it happens again I'll be forced to mention Zoom Zoom Zoom.
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The bank adverts where they change the words to crappy tunes. The latest from the libery X song is enough to drive anyone to suicide.

In fact most adverts are pants.
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:39
Regular
"not dead"
The sagacious one wrote:
> I HATE that ad where the girlz and da boyz are driving around in some
> shi**y car and the boot is filled with CDs etc (crazy cats!). They
> look like they are having a wonderful time, but it is all so so false.

Worse still, it's an ad for a Fiesta.

Having had to drive one recently I can safely say that there is no way that lad would be comfortable in the back with two lasses in the back, he'd be like;

"Need... more... leg... room...

Gonads... squashed.....

Can't... scratch....

Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh!"
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:36
"...Unicef pennies.."
Your Honour wrote:
> Ergo Sum: Driving is NOT fun.

That depends. If the add was for an Evo VIII and you had enough cablingy to go to track days, then driving could be fun.
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:25
Regular
All car adverts that make it look fun to drive the car.

Traffic jams are not fun. Driving is noisy, smelly and expensive.

Ergo Sum: Driving is NOT fun.
Tue 13/05/03 at 11:03
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I HATE that ad where the girlz and da boyz are driving around in some shi**y car and the boot is filled with CDs etc (crazy cats!). They look like they are having a wonderful time, but it is all so so false. I hate these ads where they try and suggest how to live your life, promoting what the hip thing is to do.

In fact if they could please crash into the house full of Doritophiles, the world would be better for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.