GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The X-box 360"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/07/05 at 18:34
Regular
Really looking forward to this but I've been out of the loop so can you fill in a few details for me:

* Has a launch price for the UK been announced yet?

* X-box live, what's the pricing for it? I've heard of this silver/gold service, how does it work and what is the difference price wise? (If you know of course).

* On a scale of 1 to hell yes, is Perfect Dark O gonna be the greatest thing to grace the earth?

* Is it still due this year in Europe?

* Game prices... anyone know?

Who else will be snapping one up on day one?
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:55
Regular
IGN are full of **** though.

Looks like Resident Evil 5 is making its way to Xbox 360.
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:52
Regular
I read from IGN that it was really good fun!
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:49
Regular
PD0 is supposedly crap. I know two guys who work at Rare, but they're really tight lipped becasue of the non-disclosure agreements.

Realtime Worlds are more exciting :). I know some stuff about what they are working should be announced October time, but again, because of NDAs I'm not going to say anything which might get people I know into trouble.

I can't even talk about what I'm working on, I signed my own non-disclosure agreement on Saturday, so definately part of the professional development scene in the UK now :).
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:44
Regular
I'm not getting my hopes up for Perfect Dark, I hope I'm proved wrong but it just doesn't interest me at the moment which is really saying something as Perfect Dark was my favourite game on N64. I also have a feeling it will be delayed and we won't see it at launch, the way it was suddenly removed from E3 at the last minute all smells to me like another load of Rare style delays.

Call of Duty 2 looks more exciting to me.
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:09
Regular
Just Halo 2... it isn't my console it is my brothers, that and the fact the new X-box is due out at the end of the year makes it slightly pointless to by an X-box.

I think Perfect Dark would be awesome online. Now all I need to do is wait.
Tue 19/07/05 at 23:16
Regular
"8==="
You should get yourself an xbox then, as I said before I bet you're a quality gamer for a bit of co-op. :)

What've you been playing online BTW?
Tue 19/07/05 at 23:11
Regular
I've been swatting up on it a bit and it seems VERY much like the last game in sense of style and weaponry. Throw in a wealth of new multiplayer options and a 50+ online mode and it is already worth buying.

By the way, I just like to take this oppertunity to admit that I was wrong about online play.

It well and truly rocks.
Tue 19/07/05 at 22:56
Regular
"8==="
Rare know PD0 is the title people will be watching the most.
Tue 19/07/05 at 22:45
Regular
Well I do hope PD0 rocks because it would be a waste of a franchise otherwise.
Tue 19/07/05 at 22:26
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> * Has a launch price for the UK been announced yet?

No

> * X-box live, what's the pricing for it? I've heard of this
> silver/gold service, how does it work and what is the difference
> price wise? (If you know of course).

Everything Xbox Live does now will be free (according to the E3 presentation), the premium service will probably allow free non-essential game downloads (new tracks/cars/etc).

>
> * On a scale of 1 to hell yes, is Perfect Dark O gonna be the
> greatest thing to grace the earth?
>

Hopefully hell yes, but probably not.

> * Is it still due this year in Europe?

Supposed to be simultaneous launch. Though that is again an E3 announcement.

>
> * Game prices... anyone know?

Probably the same as they are now. £39.99 R.R.P, £30 online.

> Who else will be snapping one up on day one?

If it's not too expensive...me!

Though I might give it a month or so for the obligatory price drop (if it is more than £200 launch)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.