GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The X-box 360"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/07/05 at 18:34
Regular
Really looking forward to this but I've been out of the loop so can you fill in a few details for me:

* Has a launch price for the UK been announced yet?

* X-box live, what's the pricing for it? I've heard of this silver/gold service, how does it work and what is the difference price wise? (If you know of course).

* On a scale of 1 to hell yes, is Perfect Dark O gonna be the greatest thing to grace the earth?

* Is it still due this year in Europe?

* Game prices... anyone know?

Who else will be snapping one up on day one?
Thu 21/07/05 at 13:13
Regular
As they are developing it to make wireless internet cheaper I highly doubt it as it'd ruin the point.
Thu 21/07/05 at 12:54
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Wireless networks in the UK are few and far between though. If you
> don't already have a wireless set-up then that's gonna cost you a
> good £100 to set-up, so it's really not that cheap at all.
>
> It cost me £50 and Nintendo are producing their own wireless
> router.

Which they'll overcharge for.
Thu 21/07/05 at 12:49
Regular
It isn't 100% backwards compaitble... they need to create some downloadable code or something to get it working properly.

I wanted to get JSRF you see so did some research into it.
Wed 20/07/05 at 23:32
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm sure it was confirmed that the Xbox 360 was backwards compatible. I've never seen mentioned anywhere whether this playability carries over onto online play as well, which is why I was wondering if anyone knew.

I sure as hell hope so, seeing as I want to get rid of that PS2 as soon as possible. The only reason I still have it is for PES games, and if they're playable online on the 360, which I'm already about 90% confident I'll be getting, then there's no reason for me not to cash in as soon as possible.
Wed 20/07/05 at 23:12
Regular
It might not even be playable on the 360 to start with. But I imagine it would be playable online. Especially as subscription to X-box live carrys over.
Wed 20/07/05 at 23:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Another Xbox 360 question I've been wanting to know the answer to...

Will Xbox games be playable online on Xbox 360?

Because I want to get PES5 on Xbox, but only if it's playable on the 360. This way I'd be able to sell my PS2 wihtout fear of missing out on the greatest football game ever online.
Wed 20/07/05 at 22:56
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I want Fable : Lost chapters, Hitman Bloodmoney, Worms 4, Serious Sam
> 2, Painkiller, Darkwatch and a few others that I've forgotten about.
> I'll most likely wait for a price reduction on most of those. But
> there's still old games that I always wanted to play that I never got
> around to, to keep me busy.

Yep.

I'll wait for a drop in the offline titles before getting them.
Wed 20/07/05 at 22:09
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a 360, although there is only one game I like the look of at the moment. If there's enough games to interest me nearer the time, I'll get one on day one, if not, I'll wait for a price drop.
Wed 20/07/05 at 17:28
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Wireless networks in the UK are few and far between though. If you
> don't already have a wireless set-up then that's gonna cost you a
> good £100 to set-up, so it's really not that cheap at all.

It cost me £50 and Nintendo are producing their own wireless router.

> Anyway Xbox 360 will be wireless compatible and Silver will mean you
> can play on live at the weekend for no cost.

Oh come on! If you want a good X-box online service you buy the Gold card. As I will.
Wed 20/07/05 at 14:18
Regular
I want Fable : Lost chapters, Hitman Bloodmoney, Worms 4, Serious Sam 2, Painkiller, Darkwatch and a few others that I've forgotten about. I'll most likely wait for a price reduction on most of those. But there's still old games that I always wanted to play that I never got around to, to keep me busy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.