GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The X-box 360"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/07/05 at 18:34
Regular
Really looking forward to this but I've been out of the loop so can you fill in a few details for me:

* Has a launch price for the UK been announced yet?

* X-box live, what's the pricing for it? I've heard of this silver/gold service, how does it work and what is the difference price wise? (If you know of course).

* On a scale of 1 to hell yes, is Perfect Dark O gonna be the greatest thing to grace the earth?

* Is it still due this year in Europe?

* Game prices... anyone know?

Who else will be snapping one up on day one?
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:28
Regular
Very true Bonus. But the N64 trumpeted "The Nintendo dream team" and not a wealth of third parties and the Gamecube did have increased third party support.

Revolution will be cheaper and easier to develop for. And Nintendo have no network experience? Granted nothing on the scale of microsoft but there has been internet capabilities as far back as the NES and Nintendo have involved online options for the Gamecube and GBA SP as well as "Rad net" for the 64DD.

Also the DS will be launching Nintendonline, giving Nintendo a bit of experience before the whole Revolution thing.

Nintendo's online service will be the easiest and cheapest to use. Mainly due to its appeal to the younger generation.
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:23
Regular
The Nintendo service wont be anywhere near a accomplished as Xbox Live, guaranteed ;). Microsoft have far more network experience than Nintendo, who have um, none ;).

Anyway, I'm glad the Revolution will have third party support, just the same as the Cube and N64 trumpeted upon release :).

If everyone is being honest, no one has a clue what's happening
, who will have what, and what will be best.

What's clear this time is that nothing can be taken for granted in terms of most powerful, most good games etc.

The only thing any of the consoles have to distinguish themselves right now is Nintendo's back catalogue for Revolution, Xbox Live for 360 and Bluray for PS3.

The rest is still unknown.
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:14
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> It does look similar to PD as well so I'm hopeful.
>
> That'd be one of the problems then, it looks like a N64 game, while
> gears of war looks like it's from something truely ground breaking
> :).

Ah I'm not getting an X-box for groundbreaking.

That's what the Revolution is for. I'm getting the X-box for a series of solid FPS titles, Rare and X-box live. As we all should.
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:13
Regular
The Playstation's biggest franchises appear (eventually) on the Microsoft system. Plus there are Microsoft's fantastic first party line up... something Sony lack.

Also the reason why I'd go for Nintendo is because I love Nintendo games. And the revolution promises much much more third party support and games never played before. So I'll look forward to that.

Done some research and apparently X-box Live Silver is a free service where you can voice chat and download etc... whilst X-box Live Gold costs money and allows you to play games online.

Shame, especially as the Nintendo service is free.
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:10
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> It does look similar to PD as well so I'm hopeful.

That'd be one of the problems then, it looks like a N64 game, while gears of war looks like it's from something truely ground breaking :).
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:08
Regular
I dont understand why you'd go for the 360 over PS3 if you wanted the best games console, doesn't make any sense, and both will be better than revolution at everything other than Nintendo games, so........
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:07
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> I heard the guys making it don't like it, make of that what you will.

Argh don't say that, I'm really looking forward to it.

It does look similar to PD as well so I'm hopeful.
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:04
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> IGN are full of **** though.
>
> Looks like Resident Evil 5 is making its way to Xbox 360.

And PS3... and probably revolution once Nintendo get into gear.

Although Nintendo's new style goes against that type of game.
Wed 20/07/05 at 12:03
Regular
Well personally I'd stick with the best games console. And I'd go for the X-box any day of the week.

*Actually I'd go for Revolution but you know what I mean*
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:57
Regular
I heard the guys making it don't like it, make of that what you will.

I'm still deciding which next gen machine to buy.

I want my next console to be a digital media hub. I want an HDTV and a decent 5.1 amp to go with it.

So, do I wait for PS3 with a Blu-Ray drive already installed, or settle for Xbox 360 with normal DVDs, or wait for MS to release the HD-DVD version of the console???

I think I'd rather get a PS3 to be honest, as good as the Xbox 360 looks the lack of high def DVD, and therefore lack of futureproofing is somewhat disappointing.

Although, on game programmer wages, I might be able to afford both, eventually :).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.