GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate my family"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/04/03 at 18:12
Regular
I seriously hate my family so so much. Granted they give me a roof over my head and feed me but I am a scapegoat for anything that goes wrong, despite the fact I say and do as little as possible towards them to avoid any kind of conflict. I will go days on end without talking to them and try and go unnoticed but they will find some reason to yell at me or to blame me for something I havent done. My dad has tried to throw me out of the house on several occasions and my mum has done nothing but back him up. I do nothing to them at all, I only see them when I have to (ie. meal times and when I am going out/getting in) I don't do anything bad or nasty and dont even speak to them unless I have to. I don't know what I have done to make them hate me but I cannot think of anything. I have been told I was an accident and that they wished they hadn't had me, despite the fact my younger sister is a little angel who is a symbol of uttermost perfection. I am in a predicament, I don't know if I should run away or something but I don't think I can take the crap they keep throwing at me.

Any advice, please?
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:11
Regular
Rosalind wrote:
> With respect to MoJoJoJo I think he has a point. At school we were
> told that it doesn't matter what degree you take, many employers will
> look just at the fact that you have a degree. This is a load of old
> cobblers. You need to have the right degree. If not, you may find
> yourself working shifts in a call center for 9K a year.

depends on what you want to do?, if for example you do a engineering degree, they are different types or engineer and quite easyly move into another form, or type of engineering, the fact that you have a degree will hold well with any employer however experiance is what counts .

its like once you have ur degree, ur GCSEs and a levels mean nothing
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
I hate your family
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:10
Regular
Rosalind wrote:
> I read biomedical science. I'm now a research technician in Cancer
> reserch. I'm also studying a part time PhD in an attempt to get my
> wage to around 20K.

so if uni was a waste of time, why are you now doing a PHD????
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:09
Regular
with respect to both of you this has got sod all to do with what we were taught at school, if two people were applying for a highly technical job, one had a degree and the other didn't, the one with the degree WOULD get the job UNLESS - the one without had many years experience. As I am only young, many years experience is not a possibility, so a degree gives a head start.

you can't seriously believe that someone is going to discount the fact that you have advanced knowledge of the job you are applying for, and give the job to someone who doesn't.

competition is rife as degrees ARE MORE COMMON, but that doesn't make them worthless, it just makes jobs harder to get.

What do you want? to finish uni and have someone go 'congratulations there's a highly paid job'? You have to work hard to sell yourself degree or no degree, and because competition is getting harder people just assume that degrees are a waste of time.

you don't get anything easily.....
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I read biomedical science. I'm now a research technician in Cancer reserch. I'm also studying a part time PhD in an attempt to get my wage to around 20K.
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
With respect to MoJoJoJo I think he has a point. At school we were told that it doesn't matter what degree you take, many employers will look just at the fact that you have a degree. This is a load of old cobblers. You need to have the right degree. If not, you may find yourself working shifts in a call center for 9K a year.
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:02
Regular
Rosalind wrote:
> I don't think going to Uni did me any favours. I could be earning a
> lot more by now if I had taken a job straight out of school. And I
> wouldn't have a mammoth student loan to worry about either.

yeah, so what degree did you do and what job did you choose?
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:01
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:

> But it's true about degrees not meaning anything nowadays. Unless
> you're doing something which practically GUARANTEES a job afterwards
> (teaching for instance) then you're very likely to be wasting your
> time on your current course.

I think you should go away and do your homework (pun intended). Those who don't have degrees or are not working on getting one find it easy to dismiss them as rubbish.

Anyone ever saying education is a waste of time is obviously too stupid to appreciate it. Would you want some thicko with a gcse in sports to come round and wire your house? or perhaps a cretin with no grades whatsoever could help direct air traffic leaving airports?

think before you post
Wed 23/04/03 at 15:57
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I don't think going to Uni did me any favours. I could be earning a lot more by now if I had taken a job straight out of school. And I wouldn't have a mammoth student loan to worry about either.
Wed 23/04/03 at 15:54
Regular
'if i get my way I'll be test driver for ferrari' ra ra ra dream on

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.