GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate my family"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/04/03 at 18:12
Regular
I seriously hate my family so so much. Granted they give me a roof over my head and feed me but I am a scapegoat for anything that goes wrong, despite the fact I say and do as little as possible towards them to avoid any kind of conflict. I will go days on end without talking to them and try and go unnoticed but they will find some reason to yell at me or to blame me for something I havent done. My dad has tried to throw me out of the house on several occasions and my mum has done nothing but back him up. I do nothing to them at all, I only see them when I have to (ie. meal times and when I am going out/getting in) I don't do anything bad or nasty and dont even speak to them unless I have to. I don't know what I have done to make them hate me but I cannot think of anything. I have been told I was an accident and that they wished they hadn't had me, despite the fact my younger sister is a little angel who is a symbol of uttermost perfection. I am in a predicament, I don't know if I should run away or something but I don't think I can take the crap they keep throwing at me.

Any advice, please?
Tue 22/04/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
This exact thing is going on with me now
My sister moved out after she had enough
Now i'm having enough but i don't want to move out because i'll have nothing left.
Anyway, where this is different is my mother always drinks. She's been doing a lot recently and officially thrown me out yesterday but i just got in through the window. If i was to leave, she'd probaly hit the bottle BIG time. Anyway, i'm moving away to Southampton next year anyway so 1 more year of crap won't bother me but it just annoys me. Like Kyz22 i get blamed for everything although i haven't been called an accident i must admit. Hope you realise there are others who go through the same crap as you.
Tue 22/04/03 at 23:36
Regular
"That's right!"
§n][pe® wrote:
3 GCSE's at C and Above Maths, English lit and French!

-------

Try mine! 3 Cs and a B! Geography, Drama and English lit were Cs, English language was a B. But then, I had the lowest attendance in the entire year, and probably a few years before and after.

4 grades, not even enough to do 6th form. But they let me in, and once again had the lowest attendance, but managed to beat a lot of kid's grades, kids who were in constantly. Go me.
Tue 22/04/03 at 23:34
Regular
"That's right!"
This had nothing to do with that, but since you brought it up. I blame nobody BUT me. Every time I mention it, I nearly always say "Don't do what I did, kids, stay in school!" as a joke, but also as a warning. I didn't mess up, I knew exactly what I was doing. Two Cs ain't too bad, especially when you consider I got As and Bs in all but one vital exam for each subject, which meant my A/Bs were brought down to Cs. I could've resat them, got my As in those exams and come out with As and Bs for my A levels. If I'd got my As or Bs, with what little effort I put in, you'd be DAMNED jealous of me, because you're clever and I'm not and I would've got respectable marks without doing any work.

But it's true about degrees not meaning anything nowadays. Unless you're doing something which practically GUARANTEES a job afterwards (teaching for instance) then you're very likely to be wasting your time on your current course.
Tue 22/04/03 at 23:32
Regular
Heh parents tried kicking me out a few times.. but i refuse and mom backs me up i did quite awful in my GCSE it haunts me but i carry on thinking i can still achieve something even with just 3 GCSE's at C and Above Maths, English lit and French!
Tue 22/04/03 at 23:24
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:

Don't waste your time worrying about education and degrees and grades. They're next to worthless.

--

What a complete lie. Just because you mucked up bigtime doesn't mean you need to convince others to. And you're welcome to mock me about not getting into Oxford, but the fact remains that you're bitter about being stuck in a 3rd rate college. I don't judge you because of that, whatever you may think. I do judge you because you blame it on everyone but yourself.
Tue 22/04/03 at 22:56
Regular
"That's right!"
No, you won't regret it. And you don't need to skip it, just postpone it. You can ALWAYS go back and do it in a couple of years. Hell, there were a couple of 30-40 year olds at my 6th form.

Get a job, move out, enjoy your life. Don't waste your time worrying about education and degrees and grades. They're next to worthless.
Tue 22/04/03 at 22:27
Regular
finish 6th form, or you'll regret it. stick it out for a little longer, then you can get a job and move out.

i am the same as I have just moved back home (no choice) and am already regretting it (no money while I'm at uni). once I finish my degree I'm outta here(6 months to a year).

Seriously though, you'll regret it if you skip 6th form.
Tue 22/04/03 at 19:21
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Hercules! wrote:
> The answer is in the post.

Tue 22/04/03 at 19:15
Regular
"Hmmm....."
The answer is in the post.
Tue 22/04/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Pft, always got accused of stealing and breaking stuff when I'd never
> been anywhere near it. If my brother and sister denied it, by their
> theory, that meant it HAD to have been me. Damn process of
> elimination.

I get that all the time, my sister is no better than them and she is never in trouble. I am considering not going to 6th form so I can move out sooner.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.