GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2009 F1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/09 at 14:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is my little place where I get to chat to myself about the new F1 season.

I'll update this main post with new car pictures later and a link to my super detailed and ultra long preview post.

For all the launch pictures: Click Here

Ferrari - Click Here

Toyota - Click Here

McLaren - Click Here

Renault - Click Here

Williams - Click Here

BMW - Click Here

Red Bull - Click Here

Force India - Click Here

Brawn GP - Click Here

Toro Rosso - Click Here
Wed 20/05/09 at 00:52
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya YH,

I went back in 1996 and after seeing damon hill take P1 in qualifing i was looking forward to a great race day.

I sat in the braking zone of Copse Corner, good view bac down the straight even tho you cant see the grid, gr8 view of pit exit and just a good a view of copse corner, even though Damon Hill fell off the track on lap 27 right in front of us it was still an amazing day, including great races in other formulas such as Renault Spiders, British Touring Cars and so on.

The following year i went for 2 days, friday and saturday and went home to watch the race on tv.

In 98 i booked a holiday to spain 40 miles from barcelona, a couple of days after arriving i pointed out that the Grand Prix was in Barcelona, my partner still hadn't got a clue that my plan was coming together and she offered to treat me, so off i went with a guy i met at the hotel and payed cash on the gate, what a great day we had, but sadly when we returned, that guy or his wife who stayed at the hotel with my girlfriend didn't drink or really speak to us for the rest of the holiday. lol.

TIPS & ADVICE

I had a general addmission ticket too and there was about 26 different gates and the track for general addmission, but BEWARE cos the track is split in to sections, for example... you can not enter the circuit via copse corner and walk round to hanger straight. So decide where you want to sit before going or check out different sections on friday and saturday if pos.

Take a deck chair with you and a cool box full of your chosen beverage.

We arrived at the gates of copse corner at approx 4am only to find 200+ people in front of us, Get comfy and start drinking.

I would advise you to purchase a center transfer ticket if you have not already, this will give you access to the pits for all other formula's, but not the F1 paddock. Im not sure if there is access to these pits from all sections tho, i gained access from copse corner via a tunnel under the track.

Things may of changed alot since i went last went but one thing i can tell you is, YOU'LL HAVE A WEEKEND THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET.
Mon 18/05/09 at 14:44
"possibly impossible"
Also, if you're going to sit in front rather than on the seats, bring something soft to sit on for those hours when you're wating otherwise your bum will really feel it!
Mon 18/05/09 at 14:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Luffield area is usually the best to see the cars as they are there the longest. I've also been at Becketts, Abbey, Stowe and Copse.

Becketts is okay if you get the right area as you could see down the straight.

Abbey is not bad as you see the odd overtaking move there.

Copse is okay, it's too quick to see much happen but there has been the odd move there.

Stowe is pretty good as you see Vale and Club. There is a bit of braking around that section. You might see a move or 2.
Sun 17/05/09 at 22:23
Regular
No worries. I only read it on the BBC this morning, so thought I'd pass the info on. It's a fairly genuine reason so don't think he was missing it on purpose! It sounds as though the two-tier technical regulations have been scrapped. A budge cap has been agreed in principle, but the amount hasn't been decided yet, from what I read.

As for Silverstone, we're going for all three days. Got general admission tickets and are camping in a place next to the track. It'll be my first time.

I've been looking into it and am not too chuffed with the time we'll have to get up on sunday morning to get a good spot!

When did you go? Any tips or anything for me? :-)
Sun 17/05/09 at 12:40
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Although im sorry to read it, thx 4 the update YH.

I see your off to silverstone this year, it truely is an amazing experience. Are you going for all 3 days or just race day?
Sun 17/05/09 at 11:31
Regular
Luica de Montezemolo didn't go for Ferrari as his father has passed away. Stefano Domenicali went in his stead.
Sat 16/05/09 at 20:36
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Budget cap!

As Grandprix states below the big story in F1 is once again, off the track! Ive read that there are now 5 teams apposing the budget cap, but the issue doesn't seem to be the budget cap, which is already closer to £100 million than £40 million due to concessions regarding engine costs, but the policing of it.

Team negotiaters met with max mosley at heathrow on friday but the FIA was not prepared to compromise and the ferrari team negotiater never turned up.

So the future of F1 still hangs in the balance with all us fans hoping the talking points will soon return to the track.

One positive point with this budget cap is that Lola will be joining the F1 circus next season, Lola's HQ is only 20 miles from where i live and with 2 family members being Lola Racing employees i may even get a few tickets to hang around my neck on race days.

My fear with the budget cap is that F1 will become as dull as A1.
Sat 16/05/09 at 20:05
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
ello all,

Do any of you F1 fans have teams in any fantasy F1 leagues, if so which ones?
Fri 15/05/09 at 18:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, an average race in Spain but the more interesting stuff has been off the track once again. Ferrari are very opposed to a budget cap and has filed against the FIA to a French court to stop them enforcing it.

At least they all agree that a two-tier championship is not a good idea.
Wed 29/04/09 at 14:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
A quick hearing and a quick resolution.

McLaren handed a suspended 3 race ban which will be over their heads for the next 12 months.

I would say McLaren have done quite well there as I can see no mention of a fine at all in the articles I've read.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.