GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2009 F1 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/01/09 at 14:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is my little place where I get to chat to myself about the new F1 season.

I'll update this main post with new car pictures later and a link to my super detailed and ultra long preview post.

For all the launch pictures: Click Here

Ferrari - Click Here

Toyota - Click Here

McLaren - Click Here

Renault - Click Here

Williams - Click Here

BMW - Click Here

Red Bull - Click Here

Force India - Click Here

Brawn GP - Click Here

Toro Rosso - Click Here
Mon 18/05/09 at 14:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Luffield area is usually the best to see the cars as they are there the longest. I've also been at Becketts, Abbey, Stowe and Copse.

Becketts is okay if you get the right area as you could see down the straight.

Abbey is not bad as you see the odd overtaking move there.

Copse is okay, it's too quick to see much happen but there has been the odd move there.

Stowe is pretty good as you see Vale and Club. There is a bit of braking around that section. You might see a move or 2.
Mon 18/05/09 at 14:44
"possibly impossible"
Also, if you're going to sit in front rather than on the seats, bring something soft to sit on for those hours when you're wating otherwise your bum will really feel it!
Wed 20/05/09 at 00:52
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya YH,

I went back in 1996 and after seeing damon hill take P1 in qualifing i was looking forward to a great race day.

I sat in the braking zone of Copse Corner, good view bac down the straight even tho you cant see the grid, gr8 view of pit exit and just a good a view of copse corner, even though Damon Hill fell off the track on lap 27 right in front of us it was still an amazing day, including great races in other formulas such as Renault Spiders, British Touring Cars and so on.

The following year i went for 2 days, friday and saturday and went home to watch the race on tv.

In 98 i booked a holiday to spain 40 miles from barcelona, a couple of days after arriving i pointed out that the Grand Prix was in Barcelona, my partner still hadn't got a clue that my plan was coming together and she offered to treat me, so off i went with a guy i met at the hotel and payed cash on the gate, what a great day we had, but sadly when we returned, that guy or his wife who stayed at the hotel with my girlfriend didn't drink or really speak to us for the rest of the holiday. lol.

TIPS & ADVICE

I had a general addmission ticket too and there was about 26 different gates and the track for general addmission, but BEWARE cos the track is split in to sections, for example... you can not enter the circuit via copse corner and walk round to hanger straight. So decide where you want to sit before going or check out different sections on friday and saturday if pos.

Take a deck chair with you and a cool box full of your chosen beverage.

We arrived at the gates of copse corner at approx 4am only to find 200+ people in front of us, Get comfy and start drinking.

I would advise you to purchase a center transfer ticket if you have not already, this will give you access to the pits for all other formula's, but not the F1 paddock. Im not sure if there is access to these pits from all sections tho, i gained access from copse corner via a tunnel under the track.

Things may of changed alot since i went last went but one thing i can tell you is, YOU'LL HAVE A WEEKEND THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET.
Wed 20/05/09 at 12:00
Regular
Thanks for the info. We (I'm going with Mrs YH) had planned to walk around the track and on the friday and watch from different places. I didn't realise that you different gates only let you in to certain areas, so thanks for that! I guess we'll be in and out of different gates during the day as we work our way round.

On the sunday we're taking cheers, plus provisions and will set up camp and stay put for the day. Am thinking of sitting down the hanger straight towards the braking area for Stowe. It's opposite a big screen, and we may see some overtaking moves into Stowe.

I figured we'd need to be at the gates for 5am on the sunday morning when they open, but it sounds like it might be worthwhile getting there a little earlier. As long as I can then stay awake during the race :-)

Haven't got a centre transfer ticket yet, but will look into it, cheers.
Wed 20/05/09 at 15:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The centre of the track, as you mentioned, is only available to those with centre transfers. You can walk around the perimeter of the track, all the seating areas are blocked off though so you won't be allowed in the grandstands. You should be allowed to walk around the track though. I've done it before.
Wed 20/05/09 at 16:05
"possibly impossible"
Looks like the French court have said 'non' to Ferrari over the potential two tier system being unfair.

This doesn't mean the system will be used, there is already some form of compromise in place, but it means Ferrari won't have a legal reason to complain.

Ferrari made their own position clear with a statement on their website:

"Wirth Research, Lola, USF1, Epsilon Euskadi, RML, Formtech, Campos, iSport: these are the names of the teams which would compete in the two-tier Formula One wanted by Mosley...Can a world championship with teams like them -- with due respect -- have the same value as today's Formula One, where Ferrari, the big car manufacturers and teams, who created the history of this sport, compete?...Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call it Formula GP3?,"
Wed 20/05/09 at 22:52
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
YH wrote:
> Thanks for the info. We (I'm going with Mrs YH) had planned to
> walk around the track and on the friday and watch from different
> places. I didn't realise that you different gates only let you in
> to certain areas, so thanks for that! I guess we'll be in and out
> of different gates during the day as we work our way round.

Bear in mind that my advice is based on my experience over a decade ago, other advice may/will be more upto date.

But i do advise to arrive at the gate early rather than at opening time.
Fri 22/05/09 at 00:02
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
Monaco is looking interesting,

Lewis showing signs of improvement in 2nd practice session, saying afterwards that they have made a huge step forward which will be more noticable after Monaco.

Barichello seems to have the edge over Jenson in both sessions

But can Jenson and Lewis string a lap together in qualifing for an
ALL ENGLISH LOCK OUT ?!!!!
Fri 22/05/09 at 09:17
"possibly impossible"
Monaco is always interesting.

Looks like Ferrari haven't given up on the legal case, either. Since the French court said no to their complaints, they're starting another legal battle.

You can look at this in two ways. Either they are so passionate about the sport that, despite them keep threatening to quit and throwing their toys out the pram, they're trying to take matters in to their own hands.

Or you could say that the quitting F1 thing is just a way to get their own way and they have little intention of quitting.

Personally I don't agree with the two tier system but it isn't in place and looks like it'll be more likely an overall budget cap will be in place instead.
Fri 29/05/09 at 21:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, crisis averted (if you believed that there was ever a crisis). All the current teams, Prodrive, US F1, Lola and Campos have entered bids for the 2010 F1 season. It does mean a team will be left out as there seems to be a provision to only allow 26 cars in.

For the majority, their entry is only provisional.but I think an agreement has pretty much been reached.

F1 is like a dysfunctional family at the moment. Air their dirty laundry in public and then sort it out behind closed doors.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.