GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Chat and Welcome Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 11:47
Regular
This is the thread for general chat.

Tell us how your day was, say hello or just introduce yourself if you're new to the site.

Post edited by Hmmm... on 29/12/2018 at 18:19.
Page:
Fri 06/01/06 at 10:32
Regular
Jive wrote:
> PS3 already paid for eh Shadow, nice ..

Just the small matter of convincing the ball and chain, I think she has other plans for the money :)
Fri 06/01/06 at 10:28
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Morning all

Much better day today, not so many problems as yesterday thank the lord! :)

PS3 already paid for eh Shadow, nice .. I may have to use our wedding money to get mine ;)
Fri 06/01/06 at 09:48
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Morning,

Late to work today. Feel so tired. Think I'm starting to seriously stress out :)

Last thing I said to MD last night was that I would be turning the router off until morning. 'Cos I'm late I get a call at home because MD cannot access his email or database. I start explaining to him where the router is and he says he's seen it and there are no lights on it. Um... that's because you need to switch in ON. I swear he'll be the death of me. I hear horror stories from Help centres and never believed them until this morning.
Fri 06/01/06 at 09:45
Regular
Morning all, I know what you mean about the cold Frag, but at least it is nearly weekend.

Got the year end numbers done and they are very nice too, the money for my PS3 looks very safe :)
Fri 06/01/06 at 09:03
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Mornin,

Bit nippy up north folks :)
Thu 05/01/06 at 22:49
"I love yo... lamp."
Fooly Cooly wrote:

> Not so good at the moment :( Boinc has crashed a few times, I think
> it might be because my computer has been running a lot slower thanks
> to all these ad/spyware scanners running.

Anti-malware programs seem to be taking over. If you don't already have it, I would get the beta of the Microsoft AntiSpyware program and AVG Anti-virus. Run them manually every couple of days and you should be fine.

> I'll sort it out. I think
> I'm still trying to understand it. I think LHC arent giving any jobs.
> I've only done 2 jobs but I'm sure I did some before. I have 12.37
> credits in predictor, everything else is 0. What does it mean by
> "ready to report" "preempted" and "ready to
> run". Just need to verify though I do have a little idea what
> they mean.

LHC stops every once in a while for them to evaluate all the results and do some work using them. After that is done they then release more jobs. Right now they are out, like you said.

Predictor has very short jobs, so it is easy to build up credit in it. Credit is granted for most things in a manner similar to FAD was, CPU time * a benchmark. So you don't get more credit, just get it faster.

These are just statuses. I'm not entirely sure what preempted means, but ready to run means a job is ready to run, that it hasn't been finished and that you haven't suspended that project. Ready to report means that a job is finished and can be returned, or that it is overdue and will be removed next time you contact the server.

> The climate one says it'll be done in 2000 hours :S I
> think I need to do something about that.

That is perfectly normal. They have very long work units since they simulate the weather for 50 odd years.

> I still cant get SETI to
> work, though I have the latest Boinc version, so I'm not sure what's
> wrong there.

That's perfectly normal too :-P They are struggling with bandwidth and disk space and things. Basically the SETI BOINC resources are under an awful lot more strain now that SETI Classic has been shut down.

> I'll probably go through and drop some projects soon so
> that should help speed things up, though I guess SETI has more than
> enough help so I might not do them.

I don't do SETI. I just don't ever think it will be a success. I run quite a few projects, but I mainly run Rosetta and uFluids. Rosetta is the best I think in terms of usefulness, in the same way I did FAD because I thought it the most worthy.
Thu 05/01/06 at 16:59
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I wouldnt mind being 11 again
Thu 05/01/06 at 12:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> 2nd breakfast? Not had my first one yet.
>
> Poor Kawada - couldn't you have 'confiscated' a PS2 from a student
> while you were out there? :)

Heh i wish i could sleepy, knowing my luck i'd try to steal the one belonging to under 9's Martial Arts champion and get my ass kicked
Thu 05/01/06 at 11:39
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Morning .... just ... having a nightmare morning .. oh joy of joys. :(
Thu 05/01/06 at 09:21
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
2nd breakfast? Not had my first one yet.

Poor Kawada - couldn't you have 'confiscated' a PS2 from a student while you were out there? :)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.