GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A bleak, bleak future..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 19:06
Regular
Look. Don't blame me, I'm bored. If people were in here chatting away, I wouldn't have to sink to this level.

Smoke purred from Ant's mouth, drifting into the air, and pulling the life from within him out...

"You shouldn't smoke you know. It's bad for the insides."

Ant looked down at his curry. He wouldn't be suprised if the curry did more damage.

"I can't eat any more." He said. "I'm not feeling too well today."

The man took away Ant's curry, and emptied it into a bucket.
"That'll be 90 credits..." As the man looked up, Ant was no longer at his seat.

"Put it on the slate!" Ant shouted...

Ant had recieved another message. It was from command. Apparently some of the driods had broke lose, killing a few task forces on the way.

Ant got into his hovercar, just a bog standard craft, but the seats were uncomfortable. He knew this would be his last run before he could buy another.

He pulled the craft up, and out of the giant hanger, and into the open air. It was night. You could tell it was night because there were more hovercars around, it usually gets busy at night... Ant looked up at the deep smog that had settled over the city of Pembroke many years ago... not long after Pembroke was declared the new capital of the former British Isles all those years ago... before the war.

Ant remembers it as if it were about 10 years ago, so he expected the details to be a bit foggy.

Professor Miyamoto about 11 years ago invented the next generation of machinary to compete with the Overlords Playchip 3, which was in popular demand with kids...

Under the company name Nintendo, Prof. Miyamoto released the Nintendo chip into the mass market. Hundreds of people brought them, and had them implanted. Some many happy faces... so much peace in the world...

Then something, as always it seemed, went wrong. The chips started to manufuction, taking the persons will of control with it. They produced hundreds of automated psyhcotic killing machines, and Nintendo had no control over them...

The Overlord had ordered that all Nintendo products to be taking off the market, and ordered that Nintendo was shut down.

Ant pulled out of his daydream, and realised that he was heading straight for a building... He pulled up with ease. But someone behind him, who didn't anticipate his move quickly dodged to the left to avoid Ant, and hit the building that Ant was trying to avoid. The sprialling trail of the hovercars smoke reminded Ant to light his cigarette, which was just clasped unlit between his lips. Ant thought he was going insane...

Ant managed to navigate through the rest of the car maze, and ended up at the Overlords headquarters. Sony HQ.

He landed. Finding a space was easy, just land on top of any car already there. Sometimes you would find stacks of cars miles high, with the Jenga like approuch for the man with the bottom car, attempting to remove his car... There had been several "Jenga" accidents in the last few days.

Ant had left his car, climbed down the stack of cars, and entered the building. He proceeded past reception, and walked down the dark stairs. He took the second door on the left, walked around the fountain in the middle of the room to the third door, past the small wildlife display, through the small hall, under the glass bridge, and through the red double doors.

"Who are you?" Said the man inside.

"My names Ant. I'm a Blade Runner."

"Oh... you looking for the Command office. You should have taken the fourth door near the waterfall, this is the lower hall."

"Oh. Ta."
Page:
Sun 21/01/01 at 12:55
Regular
Ant had rested the hovercar down outside the big apartment, the big brown apartment, the big old brown apartment...

Ant left the car, FantasyMeister stayed inside. Ant walked up to the front door of the building, and flicked on the video communicator on the wall with a "clonk".

It fzzzed to life, and Dan_Uk, who spends all his time waiting for a call sitting in front of the camera, spoke first.

"What do ya want!"

Dan_Uk seemed to have changed since their last encounter...

"We need to speak to you! Can't you remember who we are!"

"We? There's only one of ya."

Ant looked around for FantasyMeister. He was still in the car. His body was slumped over the car dashtray, his head faced down.

"Oh shii.." Ant ran to the car, and opened FantasyMeisters door.

In the trip to Dan_Uk's department, FantasyMeister had gotten quite bored, and had seemingly decided to use his Sony chip inside his head... He obviously thought the trip would be much longer...

"Damn..." FantasyMeister couldn't be woken for another hour. He couldn't leave him behind in the car... They would kill him... the kids, on the street... scavengers...

The video communicator came back on with a fzzz.

"Who's there?... Oh, it's you again. Who's he?"

Ant shook FantasyMeister...

"Myaaii naaynes Faandsimysder. I um yourr friend..."

Dan_Uk looked at Ant. "You were moving your lips!"

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"I was NOT."

"You did..."

"That was FantasyMeister talking."

"It was YOU!"

"It WASN'T!"

"Make him talk again then!"

"...He doesn't want to."

"Crap! You were making him talk!"

"Oh just let me in... will ya!"

"...Oh. Alright then."
Tue 23/01/01 at 20:07
Regular
Fantasymeister slumped to the floor with a *crash*.

"When Grix removed the chip a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I recovered quite quickly... do you think it's possible to remove the ones that have gone haywire just as easy?"

Ant sat down on the cheap leopard skin sofa. No wonder he didn't want anyone coming in.

"No. We've already tried. It only resulted in immediate death..."

Dan_UK was making tea. "Jesus. So what is your job then?"

"I kill any people showning signs of inhabitance. Anybody using the Nintendo chip."

Dan sat down on his large blow up chair.

"So why did I stay normal then?"

Ant looked at the furishings.

"I think the most important thing is to find a way of getting the chips out of people without killing them." Ant said.

Fantasymeister woke up. "Crap. I lost..."

FM looked around.

"JESUS! I'VE DIED AND GONE TO HELL!"

"Relax FM! It's just Dan_UK's house!"

Dan_UK forced a smile at Fantasymeister.

"Oh." FM said. "Ok. So what's the plan?"

"Find someone with the chip still in their head, and see if there's a way of getting it out safely. But we need to find the escapees first."

-------------

Ant sits in the drivers seat, FM at his side, Dan_UK sits in the back.

"Bringing up details on the escapees now." FM said.

"Why are you still here?" Ant said. "You shouldn't be here!"

Dan_UK sits glum.

"Well... it's better if there's a lot of us."

"Why?" Said Ant.

"It encourages more people to help write the story."

"Oh..."

"And that really can't be said of you Ant. Or you Fantasymeister."

Both look at their feet.

"Ah well. Just make sure you help write from now on."

"We will." FM and Ant said in unison.

--Incoming message--

Escapee name: Edgy.
Crimes: Thinking Turok 2 is actually any good.

Escapee name: Grix Thraves
Crimes: Unwilling to accept the PS2 is any good.

Escapee name: Er-No.
Things he has done that are not crimes: N/A

Escapee name: Sniper
Crimes: Never shutting up when told to.

Escapee name: Unknown.
Crimes: Unknown.

--Message ends--

Tue 23/01/01 at 20:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Sorry to interrupt, but there is a great conversation going on about monkeys on the Future Of Gaming forum. Just thought you should know.
Tue 23/01/01 at 20:11
There is also a non-conversation about penguins which deserves attention.
Tue 23/01/01 at 20:12
Regular
Nah... I think it's slowing down now. I will keep myself informed on the monkey condition mind.
Tue 23/01/01 at 22:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
I will help. Tomorrow, I'll start.

That's assuming that I understand the plot.
Tue 23/01/01 at 22:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
"Who are we going to first?" Dan_UK asked.

"This guy edgy seems to have a bad case. If we can get rid of his chip, then we can get rid of anyone's." Ant said authoritively.

"How do we find him??" FM asked.

"I'm not sure. I think I'll check the comport. That should have something." Ant said.

"What's a comport??" FM asked.

"errr....it's this." Ant said, pointing at the hovercar's small, basic computer.

"It's a computer. Not a comport. You made that name up to sound cool, didn't you??"

"Shut up."

Ant started the hovercar up.

"FM, check the comport-"

"Computer."

Ant sighed. "Computer for files on "edgy"."

FM typed in edgy, and it came up with a few minor details. Including where he was last seen.

"Edgy was last seen running half naked through a small patch of woods in the Phillipines."

Dan_UK snorted.

Ant, annoyed at the fact that he would have to travel a long way, went off to buy extra sugar supplies.

Dan_UK burst out laughing again with a
*click*

Tue 23/01/01 at 23:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ant was still buying sugar.

"Quick!! Let's check some more out!!" Dan_UK said to FM, between giggling.

FM typed in er-no.

"er-no was last seen hanging onto the bottom of someone's hovercar while throwing buns and shouting, "BURN THE WITCH!!"

Dan_UK giggled hysterically. "These guys are bonkers. Was I this bad??"

"No, you weren't that bad." FM said while typing Grix Thraves into the computer (comport).

Dan_UK leaned over to have a look.

"Grix Thraves was last seen..." FM 's voice trailed off as they both stared in horror at the screen.
Wed 24/01/01 at 18:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ant walked out of the shop with his sugar, still a little annoyed-but the sugar had calmed him.

He walked back towards the hovercar, where FM and Dan_UK appeared to be waiting quietly for him.

"It'll make a change." Ant said to himself.

He approached the hovercar, and threw a few bags of sugar into the back by Dan_UK.

"Okay, we'd better get going guys."

Ant got in the front seat.

"Ready?.....Ready everyone???......hello? FM?? Dan??"

Ant turned to see Dan_UK, who was staring into space.
Ant then turned to FM, who also had a dazed look in his eyes.

As Ant turned back, he realized they were actually looking at the computer (comport).

"Grix Thraves. Don't we know him from somewhere?? Grix Thraves was last seen....." Ant's voice trailed off.

But Ant was strong, "Grix Thraves was last seen...talking to...Darth Sheepy about the Nintendo implants!! BUT HE'S DEAD!! WE KILLED HIM IN A GALAXY, FAR, FAR AWAY!!"

Ant knew they were in trouble, and he needed to speak to the Overlord, but there wasn't time.

"C'mon guys, wake up. We're off."

"Huh?? FM said, waking up from his trance.
"What??" Dan_UK said, also stirring.

"You read it, right?? It's not that bad. We can defeat hkm again."

"Defeat who??" FM asked.

"Darth Sheepy, of course."

Dan_UK looked confused. "Wha...Nooooo, we were staring at the blonde over there with the tight top."
Wed 24/01/01 at 18:14
Regular
What is this anyway?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.