GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"POWs held without charge, 2 murdered."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 09:19
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2842093.stm

----

Men held at Camp X-Ray, an American base since 2001.
Their lawyers demand they be charged, as they have been held without any claims made against them for over a year now.
America's response?
"It's not US soil, they're not covered by our Constitution"

This is the base where 2 "prisoners" died from "blunt force trauma" and the Medical Examiner ruled they had been beaten to death by US interrogators.

But hey, those weapons of mass destruction eh?
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Good work, Goatboy, you summed up my sentiments EXACTLY. I couldn't have put it better myself.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:10
"Darkness, always"
Of course, this is why the US is investing more and more in alternative fuel sources.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The easiest way to remain a superpower, and America is the last one, is to ensure that you have no substantial threats.

The Middle East could present a world-dominating force in control of oil and millions of fundamentalists ready to fight for their leaders.
So what's the easiest thing to do?

Keep the region destabilised to prevent them from uniting and forming a coherent system of governments.
By having the CIA rig elections in Iran, you keep Iran and Iraq warring. When a genuine coup occurs and throws up the Ayotollah, the CIA then install Hussein to further keep the regions warring.
Iran/Iraq, Palestine/Isreal, there are so many situations occuring that have the hand of the USA in that you cannot reasonably claim that all the problems and issues are domestic.

By ensuring that regions are busy fighting themselves instead of talking
and uniting, you can justify retaining billions of dollars of military grant funding and barbaric foreign-policy activities in "subversive" places like Guatamala, El Salvador, Chile, Nicaragua, The Sudan, Iran, Saudi Arabia.
Because whilst they're all killing each other gleefully with weapons and US approval, nobody is wondering who benefits at the end when the dust settles.

Iraq is NO threat to the US or Europe. Never has been and never will be. Not a single recorded act of aggression outside of that territory yet we are told it is in the interests of "our safety" and "world peace".
We are kept frightened with tanks at Heathrow, stories of Ricin, threats "on the scale of Sept 11th", continual reports on "evil madman" etc so we're so eager to kill the scary Arab.
He's no angel, but considering we've already bombed his country almost to irrepair, he's shown considerable restraint in using his weapons of mass destruction in over 11 years of sanctions, threats and bullying.

If he were that insane, why didnt he use them? If he is that insane, why isn't he using them now?
Could it be because what weapons he does possess are incapable of reaching much beyond the borders of Iraq?
And why has Iraq suddenly become such a threat in the past 4 months, when since Sept 2001 we've been chasing Bin Laden and Al Queda?
It would appear that yes, we know they killed 3,000 Americans but that Saddam is worse.

Remember, there is not and has never been links to Iraq and Sept 11th.
Terrorism is a threat, but not from Iraq.
Iraq has NEVER presented or committed acts of terrorism towards The West.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:03
"Darkness, always"
By that logic, we should hate half of scandinavia, and should still despise the americans for kicking us out of America.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:02
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm sure they didn't appreciate us invading them during the "crusades" all those centuries ago.
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:58
"Darkness, always"
Stemming back hundreds of years?

You need only look back as far as the decision to chop up Palestine and give the majority of it over to the Israelites. Despite the Palestines having done nothing to deserve their country being summarily torn apart.
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:56
Regular
"That's right!"
It's always been "us against them"

The middle east doesn't hate us for no good reason, I assume it's SOMETHING America/the west has done in the past, stemming back hundreds of years possibly. Everytime terrorists do something, we retaliate, giving them yet more reasons to hate us...

I fear we're only stirring up a hornet's nest by attacking Iraq.
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
They believe
> these people are terrorists. Thinking that they have any human rights
> in America's eyes is like thinking Santa exists (sorry, IB, but there
> ain't no Santa)
---

So should America include in it's war against terrorism the various interventions, bombings and assasinations carried about by the CIA in the name of "democracy"?
That can be seen as terrorism by anyone not pro-US
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:38
"Darkness, always"
Of course Santa exists you fatuous mong.

I've yet to wake up on christmas day without a stocking full of presents all labelled "To Gaz from Santa".

So don't give me your conspiracy theory nonsence, because it's just sensationalist crap made up by the media to sell papers.
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, it is really messed up. I do believe all these so called terrorists they have should be given trials, should have a chance to fight for their freedom in a court etc etc, but America hates terrorism, and it became personal after September 11th. They believe these people are terrorists. Thinking that they have any human rights in America's eyes is like thinking Santa exists (sorry, IB, but there ain't no Santa)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.