GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"POWs held without charge, 2 murdered."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/03/03 at 09:19
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2842093.stm

----

Men held at Camp X-Ray, an American base since 2001.
Their lawyers demand they be charged, as they have been held without any claims made against them for over a year now.
America's response?
"It's not US soil, they're not covered by our Constitution"

This is the base where 2 "prisoners" died from "blunt force trauma" and the Medical Examiner ruled they had been beaten to death by US interrogators.

But hey, those weapons of mass destruction eh?
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:31
"Darkness, always"
You're such an arrogant git sometimes. I was continuing a conversation from further down the thread and not talking to you Light, in fact, I hadn't actually noticed you'd even posted anything for my attention.

Perhaps you should calm down a little, eh?
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Sorry Mojo; for that last post specifically I was talking to IB.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:26
Regular
"That's right!"
Um... are you talking to me? Make it a little clearer...

Personally, I'm not arguing ANY points. Everytime I think of something, I think of a reason why it is the way it is. We're not right, they're not right. I'm putting forward all the points I know of. Not arguing with anyone or anything.

And I *do* actually read the Daily Mail, as my parents get it, and I absolutely despise it. It actually makes me laugh out loud how opinionated it is.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:22
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
So other than sophistry and distracting attention from the fact you haven't actually rebutted any arguments yet, whats the point of that little list?

Oh, and seeing as you're using it to ridicule the idea of the East hating the West and vice versa, I would ask you to read the Daily Mail. We all know how they don't bear grudges against foreigners for historical reasons....

Oh.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And your point in regards to this issue is?
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:19
"Darkness, always"
We should also hate the Italians for bringing civilisation to Great Britain.

We should hate the Germans for once having a "british" Royal Family...

The list of people who have whipped our backsides over the years is longer than one might think.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:16
Regular
"That's right!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Iraq has NEVER presented or committed acts of terrorism towards The
> West.

-------

So, because of that, we CAN'T go to war with him? What about all the people in the middle EAST that he's killed/is currently killing? As human beings, we should step in and stop him.

Having said that, though, we put the Taliban in power, and helped Iraq during their way with Iran... We're such hypocrits.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:16
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Got any figures to back up that statement? Or is it just what you'd like to think?

They're obviously investing more in alternative energy; just look at how little influence oil companies have in the US right now....

Oh.

Anyway, changing tack slightly, compare and contrast:

2 and half years ago the international community were furious about the Taliban's latest party trick. They arrested 8 western aid workers (and 16 Afghans coincidentally, but they're neither European nor American so the media pretty much ignore them, except perhaps for a tagline stating that those 16 face imminent execution...) for Proselytising. Once I looked up what the hell that meant, I found that the 8 aid workers were facing jail for an unknown length of time for the crime of possessing Christian literature (Bible and biblical studies) with the intent to spread the Word of God (copyright J. Christ) to the Afghan people. Naturally the west is concerned, and all the more so as the Taliban won't allow any diplomats to see or talk with the 8.

Just remember all of the condemnation that was hurled at the Taliban for all of this, and bear in mind that even once the US started their invasion of Afghanistan, not one of the 8 was harmed.

Then we have the US holding people without charge for 18 months, 2 of whom are beaten to death.

International reaction? Nada.

Buy hey, it's okay because the Americans must have, like, REALLY good reasons for this, right?

Yes, that's right; don't question what the big boys do. Just keep your head down and pretend that it doesn't matter.

And I was in a good mood before reading this thread...
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Of course, this is why Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham has such a strong anti-environment record that the League of Conservation Voters gave him a zero rating.

He opposed research into renewable energy, wanted to repeal the federal gas tax and thought oil drilling in Alaska was a good idea.
He voted in 2000 to abolish the department he now runs and has recieved more than $7000,000 from the automotive industry in "allocation of renewable energy contracts".
One of the largest contributors was DaimlerChrysler,part of the coalition for Vehicle Choice - a trade group trying to stop an increase in fuel economy standards.
Wed 12/03/03 at 13:14
Regular
"That's right!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> By that logic, we should hate half of scandinavia, and should still
> despise the americans for kicking us out of America.

--------

Who says we don't?

Seriously though, the west has supposedly "wronged" the east a lot more than any country has ever done to us. They're mostly developing countries, and can easily blame that on America "taking the wealth of the east." Whether or not that's true is a matter of opinion, but you can see why they (meaning certain countries, groups of people) hate the west. Like the IRA, they think violence is the answer. We can't nuke Ireland, too many human rights issues. But we can destroy the middle east, as public opinion on them is low. America can get away with a LOT in the war against terrorism, simply because most people don't care. They can hold them without trial, torture and kill them. We have to release CONVICTED terrorists from the IRA, cowardly murderers. Terrorism is weird...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.