GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The one and only, I'm buying one at launch thread :D."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/08/05 at 14:48
Regular
Well, I am, the price of the pack with everything you need convinced me and it'll be even less if I go somwhere who will take my old Xbox against the price, i.e. Game ;).
Sun 21/08/05 at 12:35
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Mine's pre-orderd! Getting the top pack, but does anyone know if you get the other connections with this pack along side the high def one?
Sun 21/08/05 at 14:04
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
You can just plug in the non-Component leads.

There'll be a Yellow, White and a second Red (aside from the red/Blue/Green of components) that you can either stick into a scart adaptor or plug straight into the composite (Red/White/Yellow) ports on your TV.
Sun 21/08/05 at 15:26
"Retarded List"
Dringo wrote:
> It isn't included, but you can buy a station to charge it. I think.

I've just read the same thing. Microsoft cutting corners? Whatever next... Sony releasing the PS3 for £400? Ahem.

Also, I think the charger comes with a battery pack, so that's a plus.
Sun 21/08/05 at 16:51
Regular
"Mozzy"
After thinking about how I would pay for the Xbox 360 if I were to get it on Launch i've decided that the chances of me buying it this year is very low. Whenever I get a next gen console I will want enough games to keep me very busy, two games wont do, I want three or four.

But looking at the prices of the games it just seems ridiculously high, I mean, £45 for a game is way too much.

If I wanted to get three games i'd have to spend £135....for THREE games! Thats just way too expensive.

Whats the point buying a £300 console when I cant afford the games for it?

Nah, I think i'll wait until Next Year when the game prices lower to something a bit more reasonable...like £30-35.
Sun 21/08/05 at 18:22
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Mozzy wrote:
> I think i'll wait until Next Year when the game prices lower to
> something a bit more reasonable...like £30-35.

I'm sorry, but games won't go any lower than £40 in high street shops... you might get the odd one for £35-ish online, but i've a feeling that the top publishers are sticking to their guns and are defiantly sticking to the higher prices.
Sun 21/08/05 at 18:56
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yup, games are becoming really expensive to make now. Eventually, smaller developers/publishers won't be able to afford to create games anymore, and we may be stuck with very few companies making games.

And that's why they are £40-45. Hnnnrrrr.
Sun 21/08/05 at 21:28
Regular
"8==="
Also there's a smaller userbase at launch and prices reflect that.
Sun 21/08/05 at 22:17
"Tesco value"
I'm going to need some convincing to get one still, nothing has really stood out. The shots of Ghost Recon are on a dev computer, not the console itself. I don't see much of a leap over the xbox.

Still I've sold the xbox already and still got mercenaries which I want to get back to
Sun 21/08/05 at 22:19
Regular
"8==="
gordenisagaybys wrote:
> I'm going to need some convincing to get one still, nothing has really
> stood out. The shots of Ghost Recon are on a dev computer, not the
> console itself. I don't see much of a leap over the xbox.

Try playing GR2 and then looking at the GR3 gameplay footage again.
Tue 23/08/05 at 23:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just preordered one from the game website and they cant promise Pre-Christmas Delivery, same with gameplay :( Was going to preorder one on Sunday but couldnt be bothered and thought that there would be time, but seems as the £280 packs are selling well. Looked on Play and Amazon and it doesnt mention that they are sold out of 1st allocation, but I want somewhere that doesnt charge my card until its dispatched out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.