GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The one and only, I'm buying one at launch thread :D."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/08/05 at 14:48
Regular
Well, I am, the price of the pack with everything you need convinced me and it'll be even less if I go somwhere who will take my old Xbox against the price, i.e. Game ;).
Thu 18/08/05 at 14:48
Regular
Well, I am, the price of the pack with everything you need convinced me and it'll be even less if I go somwhere who will take my old Xbox against the price, i.e. Game ;).
Thu 18/08/05 at 14:54
Regular
"Mozzy"
I'd be very happy if I could. I get £80ish quid every month, we have about 3ish months left until it is released so I should be able to afford it.

If I cant, i'll save up for 3 months giving me about £240 and wait until Xmas and get an extra £200 on top of that for other Xbox 360 goodness.

But the thing is, I cant see myself saving up all of the money I earn cause im gonna want to get other things wit the money like clothes, PSP games etc. so i'll probably end up saving about £150.
Thu 18/08/05 at 15:00
Regular
Ah, see, I have a full time decent paid job, so, I'll be able to buy one without saving up.

Just need to figure out which Hi-def TV I'd like to buy to play the games on :D.
Thu 18/08/05 at 15:08
Regular
"Mozzy"
You're getting a HD-TV aswell?!

I heard they are about £2000. You dont need a HD-TV to play the Xbox 360.

Why dont you just wait a couple of years when they'll be at a reasonable price?

I dont think i'd buy one even if I had enough money, I dont see the point in buying a TV thats about 3 times more expensive than a normal TV just so you can have slightly better quality.
Thu 18/08/05 at 15:10
Regular
I'm sorely tempted, I have to say.

Thing is, buying a flat and a new car within 6 months of each other means I don't have a huge amount of spare cash floating around for one.

Bear in mind that by the time you've added a game and an extra pad, you're going to need at least 350. And that's just with 1 game....
Thu 18/08/05 at 15:30
Regular
I'm tempted, but I'm off to Japan for a month early in the new Year so I really can't be buying a 360 quite yet.

Well that and I'm really not willing to spend £45 a game.
Thu 18/08/05 at 16:22
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Japan? Nice.

Where abouts are you going? I heard Kyoto was quite good.. apparently there's a nice balance of tradition and technology.
Thu 18/08/05 at 16:41
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Ah, see, I have a full time decent paid job, so, I'll be able to buy
> one without saving up.
>
> Just need to figure out which Hi-def TV I'd like to buy to play the
> games on :D.

Your one of those people that managed to get a well-paid job in the gaming sector, arn't you?

If so, I hate you.

:)
Fri 19/08/05 at 00:23
Regular
OddToe wrote:
> Your one of those people that managed to get a well-paid job in the
> gaming sector, arn't you?
>
> If so, I hate you.
>
> :)

You're now officially an enemy then ;).

It's not spectacularly paid, and being in Scotland brings it down a little, but it's still a "massive" increase from student earnings to professional programmer earnings :D.
Fri 19/08/05 at 12:45
Regular
I'm really not sure what to do here... the Cheap package is tempting... if I can get away with it. Which I doubt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.