GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The one and only, I'm buying one at launch thread :D."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/08/05 at 14:48
Regular
Well, I am, the price of the pack with everything you need convinced me and it'll be even less if I go somwhere who will take my old Xbox against the price, i.e. Game ;).
Fri 19/08/05 at 12:58
Regular
Well, the extra stuff you get for £70 you might want most of anyway.

HDD - £50/£60
Wireless pad - £35
Remote - £20
Wi-fi adapter - £30

Those things will be a rip-off price if you don't pay the little extra for the bundle. I guess the cheapo version is just making Microsoft a bit extra and they'll be making more of a loss on the bundle pack.

I'll be trading in my Xbox with everything but Halo 1 and 2 to get some extras at launch too, so it should be a decent deal in the end :).
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:09
Regular
Well I don't want hi-definition. Nor do I care about any "media remote".

The thing is I really really want an X-box 360. £279 sounds fair, but throw on £45 for PD0 and £40 for X-box Live Gold and all of a sudden I'm looking at over £360... too much for little old me.

Now I could get the cheap version and spend no more than £300... and get a Harddrive next year when I have a bit of extra cash.

The thing is HOW important is the hard drive to Live play???

Is it for downloading stuff and game saves? Or does it have more uses?
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:15
Regular
I think if I do get one, it'll be the Core Pack.

I don't have Live, and I'm not going to be getting it for ages. Also, I won't be using the new Xbox as a media centre - so there's not need for me to splash out an extra 70 quid.

If I want to play original Xbox games, then I'll just turn on my Xbox instead of the 360...
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
My TV just hangs on to the next gen HD bandwagon. It's got progressive scan, component output and it's a 19:9 flat widescreen CRT. Games look good on it, actually.

I'm tempted to trade my XBOX in, but i'd need the 360 to play Lockdown and Rainbow 3... HALO and HALO 2 are both a given. Also, I don't play my PS2, but i'm kind of tempted by Wanda and Collosus... still, i didn't complete ICO, so I might not bother.

Maybe i'll eBay it all... PS2 w/SSX 3 £50. XBOX £50. PS2 Component Lead £5. XBOX ADV. Scart £8. I only have both Rainbows and both HALOs on XBOX...

Need to get Evo 4 back... might as well wait for 5, actually. More lisences again (Arsenal, Chelsea, etc) Online should be better now they've got some experience. Hopefully it'll work on the 360!!
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:19
Regular
Ah see, I'll be moving into a flat soon, and the 360 could be a DVD player, media centre, game console and on and on for me, which means I could buy a cheapish High-def TV, and not need to buy a stereo etc. etc. and then just save up for a 5.1 amp and speaker set.

Would be perfect for a living room entertainment system on the cheap, not a bedroom play-thing.
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:33
Regular
The DVD player we've got in the lounge in our flat does the radio, 5.1 and cd etc as well, so I don't really want to get rid of that.

Which means I won't be using the 360 for DVD's or music.

Thing is, the Core Pack + extra pad + Scart lead + 2 games = 330 or more (maybe?) so even then it's a fair whack for me at the moment.

Ah well, more overtime....
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:37
Regular
Buying the Core Pack, you're still going to need somewhere to save your games, meaning a Memory card is a must.

£22.99 for a puny 64Mb memory card or £70 for a 20Gb HDD amongst other stuff?
Fri 19/08/05 at 13:39
Regular
Crap yeah, I'd forgotten about a memory card - so used to the HDD in the xbox.

I'm sign up for SR's pre-order email thing, which gets me a place in the queue as it were, so I think I'll just wait and see what bundles there are with memory cards / games / pads etc and go from there.
Fri 19/08/05 at 14:53
Regular
There's a price list for all the accessories on IGN.

HDD £69.99
Wi-fi £59.99
Remote £19.99
Headset £14.99
Pad £32.99

That lot's definately worth the extra £70 for anyone with a Live account.
Fri 19/08/05 at 14:56
Regular
"Mozzy"
I really want to get one, but im not too sure now. It all sounded great at first, but I think i'll wait for more info on the PS3, cause I dont want to get a 360 and then find out that the PS3 has a really good feature that I want cause I definately wont be able to afford both consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.