GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back and I'm using the new Shuttle!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
Yeah! I received the SN41G2 on Thursday, but couldn't the heatsink and thus the CPU out of the socket from my old PC, so I had to wait until Monday to get a new one... then, after overspilling some thermal compound over the core of my new CPU, the HD that I used stopped working (just before loading XP, a blue screen indicating that it stopped to prevent damage appeared, with a STOP error code displayed beneath)... so I spent all morning reinstalling XP and my drivers...

I've now setup all my email accounts again, and can easily copy my documents from the error drive to the one I'm using (somehow it works but doesn't boot) - but all my serial numbers for all the programs that I was using (in Outlook format) are now gone!! Well, not really, they're still on the unbootable drive... but I can't copy the data files across to the new Outlook folder without causing some damage!! How can I copy the emails that I once had? (That's my question)

Looking back at the past few days... not too much hassle then, eh? And I've only got two days left to finish my Business Studies Coursework!!!
Wed 12/02/03 at 14:01
Regular
You can buy a full water cooling kit for about £70 now and about £140 for a really pukka one with a 220watt peltier.

c.b.
Wed 12/02/03 at 07:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Alcohol distillery cooling.
>
> It's the way of the future.

Dude I've red about this :D

Phase-change isn't the expensive compared to water cooling. £400 and you're in.
Wed 12/02/03 at 00:04
Regular
Only problem with phase change cooling is it is expensive.

c.b.
Wed 12/02/03 at 00:03
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Alcohol distillery cooling.

It's the way of the future.
Wed 12/02/03 at 00:01
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Just put your PC in a fridge
Tue 11/02/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No dude, *phase change* is the only power-cooling worth looking at today.
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:28
Regular
I tried ice cooling, it was pretty affective my athlon xp 1800+ @1890 was running at 8 degrees under load but the ice melt to quickly i found it not to be affective after about 20 - 30 mins then i had to put more in, i had no drain off at the time as it was only a test, not worth the hassle mate, why not use a peltier and water cooling, much more affective.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Turbonutter wrote:
> My PC becomes unstable and reboots at 53c heh, which was happening
> when my house started getting warm. Hence my wtf-mission to discover
> the problem.

Still, I say go with the ice cooling. Nobody will listen to meeee

I haven't planned out where the melted ice AKA water will go yet. Probably out of some kind of exhaust into a little bucket ready to freeze it again. Just you damn wait until I try this ice cooling in this silly old Cyrix. And when it works, you'll evny my - temps :oP
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:46
I've got an Athlon XP 2100 and it gets really hot at the back (where the heat is dispersed) - but it's nothing comapared to the heat made on the PSU case, which will probably burn my hand if I left it on for a while. Other than that, the only real worry is that my hard drives and CDRW are so cramped up together, that it won't last long due to the heat.
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:19
Regular
But does that not defeat the whole point in haveing anew case if all your gonna do is remove the lid, i think the bioses of the motherboard in the shuttles have a section were you can raise the speed on the back fan when the cpu reaches a certain heat.

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.