GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back and I'm using the new Shuttle!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
Yeah! I received the SN41G2 on Thursday, but couldn't the heatsink and thus the CPU out of the socket from my old PC, so I had to wait until Monday to get a new one... then, after overspilling some thermal compound over the core of my new CPU, the HD that I used stopped working (just before loading XP, a blue screen indicating that it stopped to prevent damage appeared, with a STOP error code displayed beneath)... so I spent all morning reinstalling XP and my drivers...

I've now setup all my email accounts again, and can easily copy my documents from the error drive to the one I'm using (somehow it works but doesn't boot) - but all my serial numbers for all the programs that I was using (in Outlook format) are now gone!! Well, not really, they're still on the unbootable drive... but I can't copy the data files across to the new Outlook folder without causing some damage!! How can I copy the emails that I once had? (That's my question)

Looking back at the past few days... not too much hassle then, eh? And I've only got two days left to finish my Business Studies Coursework!!!
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I don't think I'd like to use a shuttle personally, just don't like the idea of any high speed CPU in it, never mind an Athlon, I have an XP1700 in a micro-atx case and that gets hot enough!!
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:14
But it also means my components are getting a roasting... I'd better take the case off.
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:05
Regular
thats good as it means that heat isnt staying over the cpu.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:02
Good news: I've left the shuttle on for two hours now and still no shutdown (I've preset it to switch off when the CPU reaches 65 degrees) - although the right side (where the PSU is) is damn hot... not to mention the back of the PC.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:31
Regular
Indeed ... but i wil always see the difference between moving to a high spec new comp from my 1ghz always ... :p
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:29
Regular
And if moores law holds up in 10 years cpu speeds will be 15 - 16 gig and a 3.06 P4 will be old money and useless.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:28
Regular
Makes me laugh, when people say that overclocking reduces the life expectancy of the cpu, it is true but chances are you wouldnt have that pc setup by then anyway, they are made so well now they can last well over 10 years and overclocking can reduce the life slightly, the main thing that reduces the life of the cpu is heat fatigue, if you keep it cool you will be fine.

c.b.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nicer UT2k3 framerates, faster renders, quicker image processing.. I can tell the difference when I run my PC at stock clock. I don't care about longevity, I'll buy a new chip before I burn this one out. In fact, I'm going to be doing just that in a few days, but even still this XP2000 will last for years. I don't care when I can already buy something faster than this for £50.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:24
Regular
lol wtf . i wouldnt overclock, prolongs the life of you pc IMO.
Overclocking makes it faster in the eyes.
Tue 11/02/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No it's the overclocking. If I run it at normal speed I can get to about 90c.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.