GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back and I'm using the new Shuttle!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
Yeah! I received the SN41G2 on Thursday, but couldn't the heatsink and thus the CPU out of the socket from my old PC, so I had to wait until Monday to get a new one... then, after overspilling some thermal compound over the core of my new CPU, the HD that I used stopped working (just before loading XP, a blue screen indicating that it stopped to prevent damage appeared, with a STOP error code displayed beneath)... so I spent all morning reinstalling XP and my drivers...

I've now setup all my email accounts again, and can easily copy my documents from the error drive to the one I'm using (somehow it works but doesn't boot) - but all my serial numbers for all the programs that I was using (in Outlook format) are now gone!! Well, not really, they're still on the unbootable drive... but I can't copy the data files across to the new Outlook folder without causing some damage!! How can I copy the emails that I once had? (That's my question)

Looking back at the past few days... not too much hassle then, eh? And I've only got two days left to finish my Business Studies Coursework!!!
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:58
Regular
These ways of cooling are only really for overclockers, altough water cooling can and is used for non overclockers as it is quiete.

c.b.
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:57
Regular
thouroughbread is the core name of the xp chip, the older one was palimino and it is mainly to do with die size.

c.b.
Thu 13/02/03 at 13:58
Regular
Hey people leave their PC's on with just normal cooling :p
Tbred is athlon XP's right....
Thu 13/02/03 at 13:56
Regular
Pormethia are good, but i think not worth all that money, and water cooling is not dangerous unless you are stupid, a promethia is for the hardcore overclocker who want to pump massive high volts through there cpu, also for people with money to throw around, i was also told that it was not a good idea to run a system with a promethia 24\7 which both my computers do, I have contemplated getting one but as soon as i found that out i decided against it and went for water cooling, i havnt tried cooling with a peltier yet though.

c.b.
Thu 13/02/03 at 07:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You could water cool a Tbred B 2800 and I could prometia cool a Tbred B 1700 and I bet mine would go faster, seeing as the 1700s they're selling at the moment basically ARE 2800s.

Plus you don't even need a Prommie case, you can get the standalone units for £350. ALSO Prommies are no-risk, which is more than I can say for water cooling.
Wed 12/02/03 at 23:06
Regular
Cases with promethia's in are more widely available now, but still for the £400 you could buy either the highest or next one down from the highest spec cpu and water cool it.

c.b.
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:38
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Memorandum wrote:
> Prometia cooling is the best, its compressed air or something, not
> sure about the specifics, about £500 though, but offers -52
> degrees temps on a P4 overclocked to 4.1GHz
> as seen on www.tomshardware.com
>
>
> Dude prometias ARE phase change :D
>
> £400 as said before ;)
>
> It's basically a freezer mechanism, but localised entirely on the CPU.

Oops, I'm not that knowledgeable about all these cooler mechanisms you see......
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:30
I've just noticed that everything I talk about in this forum boils down to cooling (see what I did there?). I'll have to talk about something completely cooler-unrelated next time, because all these different cooling methods are making me feel greedy.
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Memorandum wrote:
> Prometia cooling is the best, its compressed air or something, not
> sure about the specifics, about £500 though, but offers -52
> degrees temps on a P4 overclocked to 4.1GHz
> as seen on www.tomshardware.com

Dude prometias ARE phase change :D

£400 as said before ;)

It's basically a freezer mechanism, but localised entirely on the CPU.
Wed 12/02/03 at 20:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Prometia cooling is the best, its compressed air or something, not sure about the specifics, about £500 though, but offers -52 degrees temps on a P4 overclocked to 4.1GHz
as seen on www.tomshardware.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.