GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back and I'm using the new Shuttle!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
Yeah! I received the SN41G2 on Thursday, but couldn't the heatsink and thus the CPU out of the socket from my old PC, so I had to wait until Monday to get a new one... then, after overspilling some thermal compound over the core of my new CPU, the HD that I used stopped working (just before loading XP, a blue screen indicating that it stopped to prevent damage appeared, with a STOP error code displayed beneath)... so I spent all morning reinstalling XP and my drivers...

I've now setup all my email accounts again, and can easily copy my documents from the error drive to the one I'm using (somehow it works but doesn't boot) - but all my serial numbers for all the programs that I was using (in Outlook format) are now gone!! Well, not really, they're still on the unbootable drive... but I can't copy the data files across to the new Outlook folder without causing some damage!! How can I copy the emails that I once had? (That's my question)

Looking back at the past few days... not too much hassle then, eh? And I've only got two days left to finish my Business Studies Coursework!!!
Sun 16/02/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dudes I manage about 0.15c/w on my aircooling setup, and it's really quiet. 0.15c/w rivals a few watercooling rigs.
Sat 15/02/03 at 20:41
Yeah, that's what I hate about modern PCs - they have so many precautions on the mobo nowadays that don't really affect the way you use your PC until something goes wrong - and then it just makes your life even harder! Although I can't really blame the mobo for this problem, it's just XP.
Fri 14/02/03 at 22:42
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
§n][pe® wrote:
> Of course idon't mind quiet :p if you want to stay up late without the
> parents noticing :p

hur hur, the sad truth :D
got mine hidden in a corner now and doesn't make any noise, I joined this convo a bit late but as AMD_MAN wrote earlier, moores theory... 15-16gig CPUs? :/ I can't imagine the cooling needed for them.

Sad to hear about your loss too delta Java, I just installed XP and i've had quite a few problems with virus protection, it seems to have stopped a few or my programs running.
Fri 14/02/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Just but an XP2500 Barton at £132 and overclock it.
Fri 14/02/03 at 20:57
Regular
Barton is a whopping £499.36 delivered, assume the price of the t'breads will decrease now then if not already.

c.b.
Fri 14/02/03 at 07:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You can generally choose which system bus you prefer these days.
Thu 13/02/03 at 23:27
Regular
the earler t'breads had 266 system bus, just added that as forgot to add below.

c.b.
Thu 13/02/03 at 23:26
Regular
The differance between the palamino and the thouroughbread are the t'bread has a smaller die and less transisters, they did this buy moving the L2 cache around but appart from that it has the same featurs as the palamino, with the t'bread B they added more transister to it but did a few little things to reduce electromagnetic interferance and improve signal integrity by adding an extra metal layer to the core, oh and they have a 333mhz system bus, but thats it.

c.b.
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> the older one was
> palimino and it is mainly to do with die size.
>
> c.b.

Oh jesus it's so much more than that. The Tbred B cores are really quite different to Palominos.

And yes, you can leave Prometias on 24/7, I know many people that do.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:54
Regular
Of course idon't mind quiet :p if you want to stay up late without the parents noticing :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.