GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm back and I'm using the new Shuttle!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 19:24
Regular
Yeah! I received the SN41G2 on Thursday, but couldn't the heatsink and thus the CPU out of the socket from my old PC, so I had to wait until Monday to get a new one... then, after overspilling some thermal compound over the core of my new CPU, the HD that I used stopped working (just before loading XP, a blue screen indicating that it stopped to prevent damage appeared, with a STOP error code displayed beneath)... so I spent all morning reinstalling XP and my drivers...

I've now setup all my email accounts again, and can easily copy my documents from the error drive to the one I'm using (somehow it works but doesn't boot) - but all my serial numbers for all the programs that I was using (in Outlook format) are now gone!! Well, not really, they're still on the unbootable drive... but I can't copy the data files across to the new Outlook folder without causing some damage!! How can I copy the emails that I once had? (That's my question)

Looking back at the past few days... not too much hassle then, eh? And I've only got two days left to finish my Business Studies Coursework!!!
Mon 17/02/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
If you buy watercooling gear from maplins you'll regret it...
Mon 17/02/03 at 01:43
Regular
maplins

c.b.
Mon 17/02/03 at 01:42
OK thanks. Any idea where I can get the £70 kit from?
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:08
Regular
can get a watercooling kit for about £70 now, ideal if you are not a overclockers, if you want to overclock then £130 would be enough for a good rig.

c.b.
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:07
Regular
Can be really small it is mainly for removing any bubbles in line, can be as small as a toilet roll tube and even smaller.

c.b.
Sun 16/02/03 at 21:12
How large does the tank have to be?
Sun 16/02/03 at 20:47
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
I heard these water cooling systems were quite expensive.
Sun 16/02/03 at 20:15
Regular
As long as you have a suitable Anti_freeze type liquid in it then it could go for ages, not sure exactly how long but i had mine running 24/7 for aver a year and never changed the water, i used a thing called water wetter which helps with cooling and stops corrosion.

c.b.
Sun 16/02/03 at 20:07
Realistically how often does the water have to be changed for water cooling? (for a typical, unclocked PC)
Sun 16/02/03 at 13:28
Regular
No way thats as quiete and as cool looking as a water cooling setup though turbo.

I believe the way they will have to get to 15 - 16 gig is by changing the transisters and making them more reliable, the porblems with the current transisters on the current cpu's is they are not very good at holding the voltage, most of the heat is mainly caused by voltage leaking into the silicon from the transisters, I know that IBM have designed a transister with 2 in and 2 out so less leakage thus less voltage needed to run the cpu.

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.