GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell Or Metal Gear Solid ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Thu 20/10/05 at 13:02
Regular
"Get Off Me !"
Which one is better ?
Tue 25/10/05 at 18:54
Regular
"8==="
lcarus wrote:
> Yes, how I yearn for the 95% rating in the bank level.

Why 95%?
Tue 25/10/05 at 18:40
Regular
"You have a choice"
Hedfix wrote:
> Well in Splinter Cell you get various completion ratings depending on
> how stealthy you are.
>
> although I do remember a similar thing in MGS2...

Yeah there was something in MGS2, but its not as noticable as SC. MGS3 gives you a rating at the end of the game depending on tim completed, amount of times spotted etc. I'm trying to get the "Fox" rating (complete game in under 5 hours, spotted 0 times, 0 people killed..)
Tue 25/10/05 at 18:32
Yes, how I yearn for the 95% rating in the bank level.
Tue 25/10/05 at 18:31
Regular
"8==="
Well in Splinter Cell you get various completion ratings depending on how stealthy you are.

although I do remember a similar thing in MGS2...
Tue 25/10/05 at 18:26
Regular
"You have a choice"
How can it be built upon stealth "so much more"

Isn't having stealth as the main object of the game enough!? *becomes confused and eats hat!* XD
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:58
Regular
"8==="
Also:

Cycloon wrote:
> There are so many games like that.
>
> I.e, Thief, which is built upon stealth so much more.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:58
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
>
> Try Legendary.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:48
Regular
"You have a choice"
Either way, wheres the anticipation? Where is it "tense"? Exciting, yes! No question! when you're tearing through a level with thousand of lazery things whizzing past you of course its exciting!

But when do you feel a rush from just sitting still on Halo? On MGS, with the guard inches away, you're lying there doing f**k all, and you still feel tense and excited. Essentially, you're just a spectator. You're hidden, how the game continues depends on whether the guards spots you or not, and you're completely out of control until he's walked past and you can continue.
Tue 25/10/05 at 16:48
Regular
"8==="
Lukeman wrote:
> Yeah, but if you wern't so careless earlier on your shield wouldn't be
> that low!

Try Legendary.
Tue 25/10/05 at 16:46
Regular
"You have a choice"
Yeah, but if you wern't so careless earlier on your shield wouldn't be that low! MGS is tense even at full health.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.