GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell Or Metal Gear Solid ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid'.
Thu 20/10/05 at 13:02
Regular
"Get Off Me !"
Which one is better ?
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:18
Regular
"You have a choice"
knuckles wrote:
> splinter cell easily wins this contest - no question

Hmm..I'm not sure about that. Me and Emitime seem to have some pretty good questions.

Also, bear in mind that MG and MGS were the pioneers in this genre, some of the gameplay and ideas in SC are taken FROM MGS.
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:17
Regular
"You have a choice"
You can move the camera around a bit now, lock it in diff positions so you can moniter peeps who would usually be just off screen. The control sytem can get a bit complex at times, but its easy enough to go through the game without using the complex stuff. (One of the worst is jumping out from a corner, aiming and shooting in FPV mode, then releasing the First Person button and hiding back around the corner. The control is something like this: L/R2, Square, R1, release square, release R1, Release L/R2, whilst all the time holding the left analong stick up so your back is pressed aginst the wall, but when aiming the left analong stck must then be used for aim. ahhhhh!!!!!!)

But yeah, you shouldn't be shooting anyway XD, so its not much of a problem. Something to improve though.
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:12
Regular
splinter cell easily wins this contest - no question
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:10
Regular
"8==="
Fixed camera, dodgy controls...
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:08
Regular
"You have a choice"
Yeah tell him Emitime!

MGS = majorly fun AND storylines to challenge those of Final Fantasy. That's pretty damn impressive!
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:07
Regular
"8==="
Played Chaos Theory much?
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:03
Regular
"\\"
Of which you get about 3 per level.
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:02
Regular
"8==="
Ringfoil rounds. Easy.

Also charging through a boat knifing people on the fly is much more fun.
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:00
Regular
"\\"
SC is awful for that.

"Don't use lethal force!"

Balls to that. I'll take over the top story lines and fun gameplay over splinter cell.
Tue 25/10/05 at 19:40
Regular
"8==="
Another good thing about Splinter Cell is that it now adapts to how you want to play it, if you want to go in kicking doors and making a lot of noise then you can, on the otherhand you can be extremely stealthy but withthe knowledge that should the **** hit the fan the game will allow you to properly and realistically combat your enemies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.