GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind- Great game but bewildering"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 22:23
Regular
well first off its huge. No sorry massive. however I have hardly played at it because I haven't had the time to sit down a focus on it as it is very bewildering at first.
Wed 18/12/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Unretired"
I got morrowing about 4 days ago now, the game sucks if you play it in short bursts. This is a game that really rules only when you set aside a good few hours of your time to get completely involved in it.
At first I had no clue what I was doing, now I have three characters on my hard drive!

Elite Chao$ - Imperial - Rogue/Male. LvL 7
Fuzzt - Dark Elf - Thief/Male. LvL 2
Wrairf - Breton - Mage/Female. LvL 5

I've been collecting ingredients and creating potions quite a lot recently. Originally with my apprentices mixing thing (Forget what its called) I managed only to create a few restore fatigue potions and the like. Now with my masters mixing thing I can manage to create invisibility potions with the correct ingredients.

Theres just so much to do!
Also I love that old illegal narcotic, Skooma. If you go to caius's house in balmora he has a nice Skooma pipe.

Just glancing at my map now, damn i've got tonnes more to explore now. I havnt really tried spellmaking yet, still plenty of time.

Also, does anyone know how to use the scroll of icarian flight properly without dying upon impact of falling?
Wed 18/12/02 at 19:28
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The clockwork city is a real dissapointment, to be honest. Enjoy Mournhold and the sewers underneath, as that's all you really get.

That guy in the crowd is quite tough, you'll most likely need to be level 15 or so before you can defeat him. I also tried sniping him with a bow before starting the play, but if you do that the play is cancelled and you can't help with it. Looks like they thought of everything there :)

Nothing much left for me in Mournhold, so I'm going to try to figure out how to kill Dagoth Ur next. I never got around to it before. I only had one serious attempt at the prophecies, and I got bored of it all somewhere during the uniting of the three houses. Apparently you can still kill him without doing the Nerevarine phrophecies...
Wed 18/12/02 at 13:10
Regular
I ran away from Mournhold

I was trying to do 'A Star is Born' quest but every time I make the joke about the Telvanni one of the crowd runs out and kills me, I was only about level 5 at the time.

Nomad, looks like you've actually played this more than me already, and I've had since the summer holidays! I've yet to ever create my own enchantments or spells.

But then again, I have restarted about four times.

I'm concentrating on the Thieves Guild and the Morag Tong, then I'm going back to Mournhold to give The Dark Brotherhood a good kicking, then, finally, I will start the main quest of Morrowind and Tribunal.

I really want to go to The Clockwork City! Sounds intriging, and I simply must meet these new Gods...
Wed 18/12/02 at 10:01
Regular
I've just created my first enchanted items:

"The Messiah Ring" - walk on water for 60 seconds, and
"Amulet of The Deep" - breath underwater for 160 seconds.

And I've completed the Morag Tong duties. So now I'm the Grandmaster. The last quest in the Daedric Ruins was damned hard, but with the help of my summon a fire demon amulet, I managed to get through it. :-)
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:16
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Oh my word I didn't know it could be so vast.
Tue 17/12/02 at 15:05
Regular
I've come across quite a few underwater passageways leading to secrets caverns full of loot, and there's also a good number of shipwrecks knocking about near the coasts.
The land of Morrowind is vast :-)
Tue 17/12/02 at 14:19
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
there are even places in the water thats amazing where abouts is this underwater place.
Mon 16/12/02 at 21:15
Regular
"smile, it's free"
How's Tribunal going then whitestripes? I've just finished the 'main quest in Mournhold now. You need to be VERY powerful before you can do it. I'm level 44, with 190 strength, 400 health, and an armour rating of 330 thanks to some nice enchantments I made. I still had trouble in a couple of places.

Tribunal has some excellent new features to add to the replay value too - there is a museum of artifacts where you can sell all the legendary artifacts, like Umbra's sword and Dragonbone Curiass. Over thirty artifacts need to be collected to complete the museum, most of which I've never seen. Gonna take me a while :)

Heh, let me know when you meet Gaenor, too...

One more thing to say...

Vast Luckystar wrote:
> Does anyone know how to penetrate through the water barrier to get to
> the Puzzle Canal Shrine?

SPOILER ALERT!

----------
Let yourself drown in the waters there. Seriously, that's all you have to do. You won't die, but instead the passage will open up
-------------
Sun 15/12/02 at 19:37
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I here where your coming from freind Christmas week will be all morrowind and xbox live and

HOME ALONE movies!
Sun 15/12/02 at 13:39
Regular
Does anyone know how to penetrate through the water barrier to get to the Puzzle Canal Shrine?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.