GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind- Great game but bewildering"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 22:23
Regular
well first off its huge. No sorry massive. however I have hardly played at it because I haven't had the time to sit down a focus on it as it is very bewildering at first.
Wed 08/01/03 at 10:00
Regular
Well, I've got the magical weapons (Sunder & Keening) and I'm on my way to finally snuff out Dagoth Ur.
I'm a little confused as what is the 6th & 7th trial though.
Sat 04/01/03 at 11:11
Regular
I've hardly touched the Nerevarine prophecies yet. Too busy doing the Thief Guild and Morag Tong quests. And now I've joined the Fighters and Mages Guilds. There's so much to do in this game.
Wed 01/01/03 at 00:19
Regular
I've found it at last. I was looking inside the Ghostfence. Wrong place. I stumbled upon it by chance. That riddle doesn't seem relevant.
I didn't see any pearl-coloured stone, or prominent needle of rock.... I couldn't even see the "teeth" marking the beginning of the valley.
And there was a cut-scene when the moon-and-star ring was picked up. Excellent stuff.
Tue 31/12/02 at 10:01
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> If you want a 'non-spoiler' tip, don't pay too much attention to the
> white rock apex. It's harder to spot than the actual entrance...

I still can't find it :(
There's a door leading to the Salvel Ancestral Tomb, but I can't locate the Cavern of the Incarnate.
Does the entrance only appear at twilight?
Tue 31/12/02 at 09:34
Regular
Morrowind is the best game I've ever played. I'd describe it as a true adventure. Real freedom. It's bewildering at first, and it takes a while to get into it, but I'm totally hooked. Massive with thousands of things to do. A fantasy novel brought to life. Conjure demons, walk on water, fly, create enchanted items.... fantastic.

On loading times: it takes about 30 secs to load a saved game, then after that the loading times are very short - 1 second when you enter major buildings and the odd 1 to 2 seconds loading of scenery.
Tue 31/12/02 at 02:09
Regular
Thanks, I am going to consider it as my next purchase. I can live with little glitches but as you say the PC version was launched in an unfinished state and the Xbox version is said to be almost glitch free bar a tiny bit of slowdown when the screen is over loaded with characters. I have read some really positive reviews of the game but at the same time I have read poor ones. When this is the case I believe the best way of judging is by playnig the game for myself and working it out that way. Its a shame that my local Blockbusters don't have this game for rental as I could have tried it out and seen what I thought. 500 + of gameplay isn't the best thing with only 5 months to go until my GCSE's ;) but afterwards I will shower myself with gifts and games :)
Tue 31/12/02 at 01:44
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I can't really say yet, I'm only a few hours in and getting to grips with it. And for an RPG of its size, that's barely opening the lid.

But so far I'm enjoying it, though I am finding lots of glitches like getting stuck when trying to jump between things, falling through floors, and scenery glitches. This is the PC version though, and as far as I know, the Xbox version is actualy FINISHED, rather than a typical PC release of nearly done.
Tue 31/12/02 at 01:36
Regular
I read a review that said the loading times were shorter than the PC but there were more of them. But for an RPG of that size they said it was actually amazing how the environments load up in that time. Would you recommend the game? I am thinking of getting as my next Xbox purchase.
Tue 31/12/02 at 01:28
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I'm just talking about Morrowind. As it's an RPG, I'd be expecting longer loading times anyway.
Tue 31/12/02 at 01:24
Regular
If you mean loading times in general then they are the best out of the 3 consoles due to my experience. Max Payne on the PS2 takes 15 more seconds to load per area than on the Xbox and thats quite a lot when you are dying, visiting new areas and loading games quite often. I don't wait more than 5-10 seconds to play/load the game apart from Rallisport challenge when loading the race which takes around 15 seconds. Apart from that they are almost instant!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.