GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind- Great game but bewildering"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 22:23
Regular
well first off its huge. No sorry massive. however I have hardly played at it because I haven't had the time to sit down a focus on it as it is very bewildering at first.
Tue 31/12/02 at 01:08
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
What are loading times like on the XBox? Or anyone elses PC for that matter.

I'm sometimes waiting around a minute when I'm switching between saved games, and for some strange reason it takes around two minutes plus to exit the game. Loading times while I'm playing are averaging around 10-20 seconds as well.

AND I'm only running it at 800x600.
Sun 29/12/02 at 21:21
Regular
Yeah, I meant the Moon-and-Star. Thanks for the info. I've been up and down that valley many times. So there's a door on view which will only open when Azura's star is out (in the twlight between day & night).... Right, I should be able to find it.... hopefully.
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:05
Regular
"smile, it's free"
If you want a 'non-spoiler' tip, don't pay too much attention to the white rock apex. It's harder to spot than the actual entrance...
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:03
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Valley of the wind, eye of the needle, and white rock tip?

Are you talking about Azura's Star, or the Moon-And-Sun?

Sounds like you're looking for the Moon-And-Sun, in which case...

**SPOILER**

You've probably worked out where the Valley of the wind is; it's not hard to find. On your world map it'll be near the North East of the map, appearing as the longer of two valleys in the ashlands regions. The Northmost opening is recognisable by the two rock pillars.

Go right to the south of the valley, and it turns West slightly. Follow this for a short distance, looking North, and you'll see a doorway in the rock face. It'll be openable only at dawn and dusk, or something similar to that. Try 6am or 6pm. Inside the cave are a few failed incarnates, and the Moon-And-Star, an artifact which confirms your status as Nerevarine.

**END SPOILER*
Sun 29/12/02 at 11:22
Regular
I've found what looks like the entrance to the Valley of the Wind: two teeth-like spires, but I can't find the needle with the white/pearl rocky top....
Sun 29/12/02 at 09:49
Regular
Red Mountain is a scary place.

I'm looking for Azura's Star, but I can't find the "needle with white rock apex" which is mentioned in the Riddle (Wisdom's Test).... any hints or pointers VemonByte?

I've now Arch-Mage in the Mages' Guild, Grandmaster in the Morag Tong, and Master Thief in the Thiefs' Guild. I have been expeled from the Fighters' Guild though - got caught nicking stuff too many times :-)
Sat 28/12/02 at 15:13
Regular
It's great the way you can be side-tracked by small sub quests.
Sometimes I become so side-tracked that I forget what quest I'm on.
Sat 28/12/02 at 14:56
Regular
PsychoticKiller wrote:
> all it really is , is a replica of The famous game EVERQUEST! i'm
> still playing it of course..
> but at least we get a TELEPORT while you people run :O

What you talking about?
You can teleport, levitate, walk-on-water, fly.... Morrowind has every spell and trick in the book. Just takes time to acquire them.

I've just become a "Wizard" in the Mages' Guild and I'm in pursuit of "Azura's Star" in the Nerevarine Prophecies.
I must have clocked up 100+ hours so far.... :-)
Tue 24/12/02 at 14:09
Regular
Yeah, you're right. Edwinna at the Ald-ruhn Mages Guild told me where to find one (Sud cavern near Dagon Fel). Thanks.
Mon 23/12/02 at 18:50
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I believe someone in the mages guild sets you a quest for one, try talking to people in the Mages guilds in Balmora, Ald-Ruhn, and Vivec. See what they say, I'm 99% sure one of them sets you the quest.

Also, I'm fairly sure there's one just lying around in the Ald-Ruhn mages guild. It might be difficult to steal it though. The ideal time to nick it would be in the Thieves Guild mission when the place is vacant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.