GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Office Series 1 quotes."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 16:02
Regular
Watched through the whole of the first series over the weekend. Hadn't seen many of the episodes first time around, so some of the quotes were hilarious. Here are a couple of my favourites:

"So, Gareth, what's your fantasy?"

"Two lesbians. Sisters probably. I'm just watching..."

- - - - - -

"What are you thinking right now, then?"

"I was wondering, if a boy would ever be born who could swim faster than a shark."

- - - - - - - -

"Why should women with big breasts be expolited?"

"They should be rewarded, if anything."

- - - - - - -

"I just stayed in and had a biiiiiig w**k."
Tue 29/10/02 at 20:12
Regular
The lack of a laughter track on The Office is one of the main reasons why it's so good, I think.
Tue 29/10/02 at 19:09
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
*hop, hop, hop

"Did I miss it?"

"Yeah"
Tue 29/10/02 at 18:34
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Goatboy wrote:

> Finchy as well doing his "piggy" face and noise for aaaaages
> as well, what an assball.

David trying to mimic Finchy was great.
Tue 29/10/02 at 14:16
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I find the pathos in the Office is similar to that in Alan Partridge. It makes the funny bits sharper and more defined. Also it's great that both lead actors are both happy to humiliate "themselves" to make a joke work.

"You tell me this....on the day of laughter".

Brent's humilation (which he'd normally love/instigate-contrast with the "photo shoot" before his motivational speech) at the hands of the local photographer was quite morose.
Tue 29/10/02 at 13:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hell yes.

I think what elevates The Office are the tiny little things that make you feel like they're real people instead of just actors.
For me, it's the glances.
Not at the camera but when characters sneak glances, be it in disbelief or whatever at each other and the camera barely notices.

Especially with Dawn & Tim.
But fav moment last night was Brent talking about Lenny Henry leaving the kitchen and he flips the camera, voice squeaking with rage and his teeth gritted.

Superb performance from Gervais, he makes Brent not just this massive cringing loser but someone you think isn't that bad.
Finchy as well doing his "piggy" face and noise for aaaaages as well, what an assball.
Tue 29/10/02 at 13:05
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Brent introducing Keith "It's Ali G, no, it's Ali Ghee".

Finchey's pig riding impression....

The noises Brent was making doing his "dance routine"...

Gareth's "mad mate" taking quid coins from his collection bucket and paying for multiple kisses...

Brent's idea for a game show...
Tue 29/10/02 at 13:04
Regular
Her body is fitter, but Dawn has a prettier face.

Anyway, last night when Brent had been told about the redundancy thing, then got up from his desk and he was wearing that yellow bird thing, with the red legs - hilarious!
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I reckon there'll be at least 1 more series.
He'll get saved next week by some stroke of luck, either the other manager and the lady-boss will be fired for having an affair or something and Brent'll get promoted.

That would rule.

I think you couldn't finish the show completely without resolving the Tim/Dawn thing.
That's run through both series and, for me, gives the show it's heart. A genuinely portrayed unrequited love thing.
They *have* to get it together before The Office is laid to rest.

Mind you, Tim's new woman is a lot fitter than Dawn.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:13
Regular
Agreed, without Brent it would be rubbish.

However, I'm not sure how many more episodes they could do without it getting tired. I'd rather they stopped early, than carry on and do an under-par series.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No idea.
I'd like to think there would be another series, but if you remove Brent from The Office or have it without him, not the same.

We'll find out next Monday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.