GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GOD IS REAL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 02:18
Regular
I have something to say to all you non-God types..

1. God does exsist, He created you, He can destroy you

2. Ya know the 'Big Bang' theory? Me and my mom belive it, So? What if God made noise while he created Earth, no one is silent

3. Why are you even bringing this subject up? It's pointless and you'll never win...

-God Bless, I'm prayin' for ya!

PS:God exists, you know it! Don't deny it! He has done something for you in the past so be thankfull there is a God

taken from: letssingit.com
Wed 23/10/02 at 14:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Almighty wrote:
> To give my valued opinion, I feel sorry for any poor sucker who is
> religious.
>
> I myself live my life for myself, not for something that doesn't
> exist.
>
> Besides, it always makes me laugh about the myth that if you behave
> badly you will go to hell and suffer in pain. Surely Satan would
> welcome anyone who ignored God and behaved badly and would reward
> them.
>
> Yep, you can stick your religion. I'll stay in bed on a Sunday morning
> like most normal people.

Fortunately, we don't care for your opinion. I don't actually go to Church on sunday mornings very often, I much prefer my Christian Youth Group which rules because as well as playing games, watching movies and eating a lot, it;s somewhere where I feel comfortable discussing my... 'inner' feelings, if you will.

You think I'm a sucker? I laugh at your ignorance.

*laughs*

:D
Wed 23/10/02 at 13:33
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Sorry - too many posts now to go through all of them :(
Wed 23/10/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Flanders wrote:
> Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> Rosalind wrote:
> Bibically all that is needed for someone to be 'saved' is a belief
> in Jesus.
>
> for 'salvation' therefore, may simply be a belief in Jesus.
>
> *Biblically* however, far more is needed.
>
>
> Depends really wether you are Jewish and don't accept that Jesus is
> our saviour or Christian and accept that he died for our salvation.
>
> It's not enough to have a belief in Jesus - you have to accept Jesus
> into your life with all that that entails - it's much more than going
> to Church on Sunday and forgetting all about anything religious until
> the following Sunday.

If you read my Original post I stated that I was talking about Christian beliefs. I should have really said accept Jesus as the way. The idea is that Jesus released us from all the rules that the Jewish people had to follow.

I don't know if I am Christian or not. I certainly used to be, and I am told that if god has called you once and you stray then its up to you to return and he won't call you again. In my head Christianity makes sense. I just don't feel comfortable with it.
Wed 23/10/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> Rosalind wrote:
> Bibically all that is needed for someone to be 'saved' is a belief
> in Jesus.
>
for 'salvation' therefore, may simply be a belief in Jesus.
>
> *Biblically* however, far more is needed.

Depends really wether you are Jewish and don't accept that Jesus is our saviour or Christian and accept that he died for our salvation.

It's not enough to have a belief in Jesus - you have to accept Jesus into your life with all that that entails - it's much more than going to Church on Sunday and forgetting all about anything religious until the following Sunday.
Wed 23/10/02 at 12:32
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Rosalind wrote:
> Bibically all that is needed for someone to be 'saved' is a belief in
> Jesus.

I'm going to disagree here :-)
(and not just for the sake of arguement!)

If you read the bible (I don't know whether you have or not) then there are many things which you have to do/cannot do if you wish to be 'saved'.

Unfortunately, many of the requirements are classed as 'out of date' within modern society (both by the church and others) hence the requirements are 'watered down'. The requirements made by *some* churches for 'salvation' therefore, may simply be a belief in Jesus.

*Biblically* however, far more is needed.
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:15
This is turning into a good topic. I dropped in a coupla days ago and thought it'd be like most of the other religious topics, full of childish bickering.
It's nice to see some testimonies from some of the other Christians as well. Cheers Ant and Flanders (and any others which I haven't read).
I've gotta go now, but I think I may drop in later to give my two cents.
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:03
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The Almighty wrote:
> To give my valued opinion, I feel sorry for any poor sucker who is
> religious.

You do not need to feel sorry for me - I have a great life thank you very much !

> I myself live my life for myself, not for something that doesn't
> exist.

Typical of the selfish attitude that is ripping our modern society apart
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:00
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Goatboy wrote:
> I appreciate you replying Flanders, and whilst I may not agree with
> you and the examples you provide, I'll damn well fight for your right
> to say them.

No worries. Precisely why I worded some of the things the way that I did.

There are people out there who believe in God purely throuigh faith alone - there are plenty out there who believe in "something" but need more answers to confirm that God himself exists - these are the ones who do all this research into Bible codes etc to give themselves some kind of substantive proof to firm up their belief - I know a few people who are in this category and they are always talking to me about the "amazing" things they are finding hidden in the bible and other ancient texts.

For me - the simple fact of the experiences I have had are enough to confirm to me that there is definately "something" out there - I am happy to believe that that something is God - For me it fits with what I have read in the bible and it fits with other peoples experiences and I am therefore happy to believe in God based on my experiences.

I have seen a person who was crippled with m.e. for over two years - who could not walk without a stick - be healed. She now runs around as if nothing was ever wrong with her - it happened overnight. If you have not seen things like this happen then you are trightly sceptical and I can understand that. When you watch these Yankee programmes with these load mouthed " healers " shouting "you are healed" etc - you can see that there is no religious basis at all - you can see it is all a con to extract cash and it is sad that people try to exploit others in that way - it only does harm to what is actually happening in the world because it causes disbelief.

Ant is the very similiar to me - in that he was not looking for anything - it just happened, It can happen like that to anyone - Ant happened to be at Church at the time - I was at home in bed when it happened to me. You never know Goaty - it may happen to you when you least expect it ( Dont worry if it does though - you can still play Rock music, play games and smoke ! - there are some damn fine Christian rock bands out there - Delirious being one of the best ! ) - Your tolerant attitude may be your downfall :)

> Like I said earlier, Religion cannot prove beyond a shadow of a doubt
> that any form of deity exists. Just as science cannot prove beyond a
> shadow of a doubt that their version is correct.

Indeed - Problem being that all the Scientists out there want scientific proof of the existence of God - hmmmm... SO how do you test the DNA of an all powerful- omnipresent being that you have nothing to compare with ?

> The only difference I percieve, and this is in no way a criticism, is
> that scientists at least show their workings instead of just
> presenting the answer and saying "Ah but you must believe me when
> I tell you this is the answer".

Again - as I have said before - Once you have had "experiences" - like Ant said - he was "washed" over - the term is generally called filled with the spirit - you, as an individual, have no doubt. The rush that you get by being filled with the holy spirit is like nothing you get from drugs, fags or drink. It's an instant "high" and it is not followed by any kind of depression - and it's free and available to any one. (Stop calling for the men in white coats please !) It comes bakc to the free will thing - if you want to go and find it - it's there - if you don't then it will still be there one day for you.

> What I do have a problem with, and what I will always take issue with,
> are the zealots on both sides of this argument. Be it a foaming
> mouthed evangelisist or a sneering brainiac. To stand in front of
> people and to proclaim your version as the only correct one without
> being able to prove exactly why, how and where you arrived at that
> point is odious to me.

To right - there is to much intolerance - Christian belief is about love and understanding - not forcing it down peoples throats.

heh - I love you all here ( ooerr missus ! - and I can joke about it !) and I also understand your points of view - I probably understand more than some people because I was not brought up in a religious family at all - until 6 or so years ago - I was a total unbeliever just like many here.

>
> The states in America like Arkansas and Utah that have forbidden the
> teaching of evolutionary theory in schools frighten me. We are heading
> back towards the dark-ages if we are not allowed to explore and
> express every form of thought we wish to.

That's a tough one for me because I believe that there is too much that is taught in schools as scientific fact that is not actually correct - Darwins theories of evolution have now been proven to be totally incorrect - before anyone (Hi IB) tries to argue against this - the fossil record is completely inconclusive and has far too many inconsistencies to prove evolution - appendix - pah - thumbs - also pah. If they cannot be proven as fact - why should it be taught as fact to children ? hmm..

>
> And if you know for a fact that god exists, then why should it bother
> you that others dont? They'll get theirs when the trumpets sound so
> why worry? Just relax, enjoy your religion and reap eternal reward
> when the time comes.

It doesn't - If somebody wants to talk to me about it - to help them to discover for themselves then I will help - but I wont go around press ganging people into believing - they will find out in there own or Gods time.

>
> ---
>
> This has turned into more of a general thesis on religion as opposed
> to directly addressing Flanders - sorry mate, when I speak of
> "you" towards the end of my thoughts, it is "you"
> as a whole not yourself personally.

Yep - I know..
>
Hope the reply wasn't too lengthy !

> Now I'm off to play video games and smoke.

I'm off to have a nice cup of tea - and then get down to some work :(
Wed 23/10/02 at 09:11
Regular
The God of the Old Testament is a murderous psycho - he sends his Angels to commit genocide on several occasions.
Then in the New Testament He becomes a sickly sweet Lord of Light....
Wed 23/10/02 at 08:17
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
The Almighty wrote:

> Besides, it always makes me laugh about the myth that if you behave
> badly you will go to hell and suffer in pain. Surely Satan would
> welcome anyone who ignored God and behaved badly and would reward
> them.

I don't know what religion you are talking about here, but it certainly isn't any Christian philosophy that I have come across. Bibically all that is needed for someone to be 'saved' is a belief in Jesus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.