GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GOD IS REAL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 02:18
Regular
I have something to say to all you non-God types..

1. God does exsist, He created you, He can destroy you

2. Ya know the 'Big Bang' theory? Me and my mom belive it, So? What if God made noise while he created Earth, no one is silent

3. Why are you even bringing this subject up? It's pointless and you'll never win...

-God Bless, I'm prayin' for ya!

PS:God exists, you know it! Don't deny it! He has done something for you in the past so be thankfull there is a God

taken from: letssingit.com
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
LL Cool TT wrote:
> Why does he refuse to show himself to his divine creation.

Maybe, and I try to say this without coming over ultra religious because I'm not, you're looking for something spectacular when the evidence is really all around us. Surprisingly the best example of this is a little tale featured on the "West Wing" series.

A guy lives in a town and hears that the town is flooding. People rush past him but he says "I pray every day, I worship God, God loves me, I'll be okay".

The town floods and the man is scrambling to get onto the roof of his house when a man in a dinghy comes up to him and offers to take him to safety, but the man says "I pray every day, I worship God, God loves me, I'll be okay".

The man's sitting on the roof as the water gets higher, a helicopter comes overhead, a ladder drops down to him and the pilot shouts him to grab hold of it, but the man says "I pray every day, I worship God, God loves me, I'll be okay"

The helicopter flies away and the water rises.

The man dies and goes to heaven where he meets God. God says "What are you doing here ?" The man, angrily, says "I prayed to you every day, I love you, I did everything the Bible says, why didn't you show yourself and save me ?" God looks at him, annoyed, "I sent you a radio message to warn you, a man in a dinghy to help you, and a helicopter to take you to safety you idiot".

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 21/10/02 at 17:32
Regular
"bWo > You"
I've thought about this many times, probably too many times for someone my age, but I used to consider myself an atheist, about 3 months ago. Then, I had RE lessons again, and all I heard was this bloke saying how religion was invented by the middle classes to oppress the working class. Sound familiar? Yep, I thought he was Marx too, but seriously, it's called my own perspective into question. While I don't think God created everyting, I still get this nagging feeling in the back of my head, which won't go away no matter howe much I scratch it. We will most likely never know how the Universe or ourselves were created, so I used to think better of considering it. But it is one of those troubling fundamental questions which everyone thinks about at one time or another.

Do you ever get the feeling that something is watching you? I do from time to time, and I would imagine that many others do too. However, this does not mean I believe in God, but there are some things that humanity was not meant to know. How many of you know what infinity feels like? How could a being exist OUT OF TIME, as many Christians will insist God does? We cannot ever get our heads around this, and so we will never know the whole truth.

I think that there is more evidence contradicting the existence of God than disproving it, such as why 'He' refused to reveal Himself, and sent down a 'son' to tell us about God. Why did he wait so long to reveal himself, in fact, why does he have to reveal himself at all? Why does he refuse to show himself to his divine creation. Why don't animals appear to worship deities(although this may have something to do with intelligence)?

I find it annoying that atheism is now considered 'cool' by some people, and now people only refuse to believe in God because it may damage their popularity. This whole religion thing may be an elaborate hoax, perprtrated by big-time pranksters thousands of years ago, but even I must admit that seems a little far-fetched. I must also ask why the power of God does not empower all on Earth to believe in him, and follow Christianity?

*I'm still officially agnostic, but there seem to be too many points against the existence of God to prove anything.
Mon 21/10/02 at 16:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
" Paedophiles are more like crabs than humans... there's no evidence for it but it's a 100% true "

;)
Mon 21/10/02 at 16:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
I haven't read any of the replies because I know I'll end up just getting into a pointless argument, but I'd just like to say...

I agree. :D

God is real, and I'm 100% sure of it, it's just kinda hard to prove.
Mon 21/10/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Not your monkey"
"The Eliminator" wrote:
> GOD could not have created the Universe it is too
> complicated for an 1 person to do so

Yes, I think you have missed the point of what God is supposed to be. Contrary to popular opinion, Beckham, Robbie Williams etc are not God. If they were then yes, I admit the chances that they created the universe would be a little slim.

The whole idea of a God is that he is an almighty creator - not a 'person' as you put it.
Mon 21/10/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Not your monkey"
"The Eliminator" wrote:
> I know that SUPPOSEDLY that GOD did create us but NO ONE has ANY proof
> that IT did.

You have proof he didn't?
Mon 21/10/02 at 14:13
If GOD supposedly did not want us to break our boundaries of The Earth's Atmosphere then IT would have stopped us from doing so a long time ago, GOD could not have created the Universe it is too complicated for an 1 person to do so, even on Star Trek the "Q"'s did not even create it, they were created when the universe was born.
Mon 21/10/02 at 14:10
I know that SUPPOSEDLY that GOD did create us but NO ONE has ANY proof that IT did. I myself an my sister are philosophers in our own ways and we both do not believe in GOD, but that doesn't mean that we're not true Philosophers because there are other things beyond GOD like space for example.
Mon 21/10/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Not your monkey"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Should he not create us so we know there is some sort of afterlife?
> Then maybe the world would be a better place
> I dunno

Assuming there is an afterlife. Once again, from the bible, we are told that "the dead are consious of nothing" and "from dust man came and to dust he will return".

If the afterlife is just something made up by the church etc, it would explain why we dont know.

Plus, if there were a 'better place' after we die, why the hell are put put through this crap on earth to begin with.
Mon 21/10/02 at 12:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
If theres such a thing is God

Should he not create us so we know there is some sort of afterlife?

Then maybe the world would be a better place

I dunno

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.