GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GOD IS REAL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 02:18
Regular
I have something to say to all you non-God types..

1. God does exsist, He created you, He can destroy you

2. Ya know the 'Big Bang' theory? Me and my mom belive it, So? What if God made noise while he created Earth, no one is silent

3. Why are you even bringing this subject up? It's pointless and you'll never win...

-God Bless, I'm prayin' for ya!

PS:God exists, you know it! Don't deny it! He has done something for you in the past so be thankfull there is a God

taken from: letssingit.com
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:33
"Darkness, always"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> Why not? If just one planet existed (earth) and it orbitted the sun,
> surely people would ask "why did he just make the one
> planet". It is the vastness etc of the universe which makes
> creation more likely than a 'big bang' theory.

Very wrong, as until people discovered that there were other planets, nobody DID ask the question why there weren't more. Why would there need to be? And I'm sorry, but when did you last see something get blown up and break into 1 piece?

> As you pointed out, the universe is incredibly vast yet people still
> believe it resulted from a large explosion. If earth were the only
> planet, this suggestion would be more concievable.

So, there was this huge mass, right, and it blew up into many smaller masses, like putting a firecracker into your closed fist and setting it off, how many different pieces of your hand will fall to the floor,, and how far apart will they be? Or will your hand just drop off all in one piece? Think about it.

> Depends on your outlook on life. You, as you keep saying, are a
> pessamist(sp?)

It's nothing to do with pessimism, it's reality. Being a nice guy might get you respect, but it will get you little else. Did Bush become president by being open and honest? Did Saddam? Hitler? No. No, and No. People follow he who is willing to take the reigns of command, and they do so because they wish to be protected by the strength of others. Who will be led by a coward?

> Not entirely sure what you mean here. When are you suggesting
> christianity was 'born'?

I'm not going to bother answering this properly. Let's just say Christianity didn't "occur" to a few club totting cavemen between sessions raping red-headed women and flossing their teeth with T-Rex bones.

> Your view, which many disagree with.

The only person who is going to agree that Goatboy is God is Goatboy, and even then perhaps not. That. Was. A. Joke.

But with the way life is, even if God exists, he is not what you christians think he is. That much, I do know.
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:32
"Mimmargh!"
Goatboy wrote:
> Now I'm God and y'all will pay.

He's gone mad with power...like that Stalin guy...
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:

> I refuse to believe that life, the universe etc came about by chance

The theory of Akhams Razor:

"With all arguments being equally sided, the simplest answer is usually the correct."

Now, Did it happen by evolution, or did this magical being that preceeds time click his fingers and make the universe exist?
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:30
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Goatboy wrote:
> There is no proof either way

In *my* opinion the very fact that this vast universe exists with its complex 'quantum this' and 'nuclear that' systems, is proof.

I refuse to believe that life, the universe etc came about by chance
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Goatboy wrote:
> There is no proof either way etc.

but there is some evidence pointing both ways
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> Why not? If just one planet existed (earth) and it orbitted the sun,
> surely people would ask "why did he just make the one
> planet". It is the vastness etc of the universe which makes
> creation more likely than a 'big bang' theory.
>
> As you pointed out, the universe is incredibly vast yet people still
> believe it resulted from a large explosion. If earth were the only
> planet, this suggestion would be more concievable.

In the words of the hovis ad, "Don't be stupid!". The big bang theory is more concievable from the fact that there is more out there than just one planet, as it shows that this is not the first time this has happened. Scientists have seen other systems being created in various stages, which support the idea.

If there was only one planet and one sun, the god theory would be more believeable, as the bible doesn't mention any other form of life, and it would be plainly nieve to think we were the only living species.
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Cool.
Not only does my last post highlight the utter stupidity and short sightedness in actually arguing about something THERE IS NO CONCLUSIVE PROOF EITHER WAY FOR but it also makes your eyes go funny.

Now I'm God and y'all will pay.
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way There is no proof either way

---

Anybody *not* understanding my point here?
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Mendax Bartender wrote:
> OK, now.
>
> If we are God's children etc etc etc, ramble ramble ramble. Why do we
> exist in a universe (which is essentially "God's garden") so
> inconcievably vast, that no one individual can hope to ever explore
> it?

Why not? If just one planet existed (earth) and it orbitted the sun, surely people would ask "why did he just make the one planet". It is the vastness etc of the universe which makes creation more likely than a 'big bang' theory.

As you pointed out, the universe is incredibly vast yet people still believe it resulted from a large explosion. If earth were the only planet, this suggestion would be more concievable.

> Either way, that would make us essentially prisoners wouldn't it?

Or perhaps its there for our enjoyment or simply to see what almighty power God has?

> If life teaches anything, it is that the bold and the daring, those
> willing to scheme and deceive, and not the meek, who shall inheret the
> earth. Turning the other cheek only serves to present a new target for
> those who would oppose you.

Depends on your outlook on life. You, as you keep saying, are a pessamist(sp?)

> And riddle me this Batman: Why was Christianity born in the midst of a
> civilisation on the verges of adopting a morality based way of life,
> rather than revolutionising the habits of tribal headhunters and
> cannibals, who in their very nature most abuse many of the
> commandments?

Not entirely sure what you mean here. When are you suggesting christianity was 'born'?

> If God exists, he liekely has the mentality of Goatboy, and sees us
> all as Pixoes and Fairies, born, bred and ultimately destroyed for his
> personal amusement in our vast, inescapable prison.

Your view, which many disagree with.
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:08
"Darkness, always"
Goatboy wrote:
> But if I was God and you were my playthings, I'd give everyone massive
> heads (like the mutators in Multiplayer games) and make the planet
> zero gravity for a day a week.

Maybe God has a really small head, meaning our much larger craniums supply no end of amusement...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.